• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please allow posting in the suggestions to Ps Win FAQ thread.

Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to post in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375803?start=100&tstart=0 in order address an easier version of the suggestion from the following post: 2. As right-clicking the tool icon of the option bar in CS5 gets the reset tool/reset all tool contextual menu, easier than going through two drop down menus to find that hidden yet useful option. But the suggestions threads is locked, nobody can post in there, and the FAQ forum is in dire need of facelift. I could work on it in my spare time, like Mathias used to do it, and as I did in the Camera Raw FAQ.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Is there anybody out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would seem that only a few old time users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and almost none who care...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, each forum has a Moderator (or Moderators) who control that forum

I think you need to find the Moderator for that forum, and send him/her a private message with your request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

As far as I know, each forum has a Moderator (or Moderators) who control that forum

How do you know who the moderator is in a certain forum?

I have never seen a moderator in the Flash Player forum (apart from Jochem, who drops in every few months or so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

I think you need to find the Moderator for that forum, and send him/her a private message with your request

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a moderator in the forums in Spanish. Not even in the Fair Forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/294019?tstart=210

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I am surprised, but have to admit to not frequenting the Spanish fora. I can struggle by, if the speaker is slow, or I have time to translate on paper.

I assumed that each forum had a MOD, or "host," but that is a bald-faced assumption.

With no MOD's, I hope that you hold down the fort!

Hunt

PS - to the OP, most product fora, that I do frequent have MOD's, and they determine when a thread is locked. In most, the FAQ sub-forum will almost always have locked threads. When I have needed to amend, or append, I have just sent a PM to one, but then I know who my MOD's are, so that part is easy.

PPS - maybe it would be nice if the MOD's did introduce themselves from time to time, so that everyone would know who they are, just for cases like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, that very thread was an unlocked one to allow the suggestions to the FAQs.

Maybe should I create some in the regular fora, to avoid child/parent permissions issues.

What would be really useful would be to have an area that would list the mods/ admins to each forum, then a + button be able to see all of them, rather than the relatively useless (for a new user standpoint) "best poster" list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that perhaps a sticky, or similar, would be useful. I cannot recall seeing anything in the Profiles that defines a MOD/Host. In many cases, these folk are "Community Experts," but there are several exceptions.

I generally put " 2 & 2" together, when I see that ____ has branched a thread, moved it to a sub-forum, has locked it, etc., but that is not always the case. In one particular product forum, we are blessed with several Adobe employees, who also do some "housekeeping" from time to time, so they have a MOD console, but are not active MOD's. Some tell me that in the product forum, where they spend time, there seem to be no MOD's around, or at least visible. I know that some resent any sort of touchy-feely, or the concept of a community, but having the MOD's say hello, would not be a bad idea. We have had a few retire, and they usually stopped by to say goodbye. I am sure that there were subscribers who asked, "who was that? Were they actually a MOD here?"

In my case, the ability to PM a MOD can be very useful. Often posters will fall into the wrong forum, or especially sub-forum. As I cannot move their post to the appropriate location, I just drop a MOD a quick PM, with my suggestion for where the poster would get the most "eyes" and also quicker help. These are usually new posters, who do not read the little messages at the top of, say a FAQ sub-forum, or post with an urgent problem to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is basically a repository for articles on how to do things regarding video-editing, and not really a Q & A forum. Also, I am one of the only people, who go there, as I link to the various articles. Most folk never even see that sub-forum's main page, and only the linked article. A question could well languish for months, before someone stumbled upon it - there, all a MOD needs to do is move the post out to the main forum to get views.

I like your idea, but would anticipate a bit of push-back from some. You get MY vote...

Glad that Adobe Admin got things sorted out for you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something wrong with that thread that has nothing to do with a lock from a moderator / administrator. Just start a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Admin saw this thread, thanks for the support! (we can now store the pitchforks )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines