• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please change how searches are handled

Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2010 Jan 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am in the Premiere Pro forum, and I search for a term, it should be understood that I only want to search in the Premiere Pro forum.  I shouldn't have to do a search, click "more options," scroll down to "Premiere Pro," and then search again.  It's an unnecessary waste of time.  Could this be changed?

J. D.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe it's just part of the way the Jive software handles searching. Likely not much Adobe can do about it except advise Jive and hope it changes in a future update Adobe would apply.

If it helps, if you just type your term in the search field and add +Premiere Pro, I believe that will limit the search to the Premiere Pro forums.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish it could be changed. But no, that is the way this version of Clearspace works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone in this request, but you have the answer. Maybe Jive has a Feature Request form, and Adobe can fill it in.

Many multi-board fora will pick up on the user's location and work from there. Would be nice.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2010 Jan 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post in a previous thread still stands: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2273900#2273900

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search ease would be helped considerably if Adobe would consolidate the headings in "more options".  I believe someone said there are 533 headings.  It could be easily consilidated to less than 100 if they just used the listing as done in the "Forums" box above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Curt,

Earlier on, there was talk of Adobe doing just that. IIRC, those comments were made by a couple of the MOD's in a product forum. Considering the sources, I would speculate that Adobe was planning on working on that aspect, but has either not completed the task, or they have dropped that idea. Those guys are not prone to speculation, so they must have gotten the "word" from higher authorities. Of course, THAT is just speculation on my part...

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines