Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please fix search community option

Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The scripting community relies heavily on the search feature of this community portal. However, since the new layout is in place, searching for answers has become a nightmare.

For example, how does someone searches for "Add text frame" and only wants the to see scripting solutions for Adobe Indesign (Javascript / Applescript)?

Please fix this asap. Customers are depending on us to get working scripts. We need to be able to get answers quick and precise. Every problem and solution is already present in the database, but we can't find it.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the community for the product first before searching, the results will be for only that community. Clicking the Scripting tag should narrow things down for you. Unfortunately, there's a bug that doesn't let you move off the first page of search results. They're working on a fix for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you go to the community for the product first before searching, the results will be for only that community. Clicking the Scripting tag should narrow things down for you. "

Perhaps I'm missing something. If I go to the Lightroom Classic community, click the SDK topic, and then enter "photo" into the search box, I get search results that aren't restricted to the SDK topic. Conversely, if I go to the community and enter "photo" into the search box, there isn't any means to filter the results to just those assigned the SDK topic.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Looks like I missed something. I thought I'd seen tags on the search results page. My apologies for the misinformation. 

You might want to hop over to the Community Feedback forum and ask for better search functions. I'll certainly vote for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tmmls, Hello.
The search system is incomplete and the user is inconvenienced.

For immediate support, the following support is helpful.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/new-forum-how-to-view-more-results/m-p/10656037#M55650

The procedure is as shown in the image below.

image.png

By using the above method, we have prepared a URL that uses Javascript as a search word in the Indesign forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=Javascript&advanced=t...

I hope at least this feature will become a standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines