• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Post Views

Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that when I would go back to check a post that the view number keeps counting. So if I go back to the post to see if there was a response the number will keep counting. Seems like it would make a high number of inaccurate views. Not that it really matters but a count based on a session rather then a refresh seems like it would keep the number down.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think number of views is another bit of unnecessary fluff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>number of views is another bit of unnecessary fluff

Totally, completely and absolutely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2009 Mar 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care whether the number of views is shown or not. However, I can see the value it might have to some people. Let's say I post a question, but it doesn't get an answer within 24 hours. If it has been viewed 100 times, that's a strong indication that no one knows the answer or that the question is phrased in a way that is difficult to understand. The number of views could also be useful to an Adobe product manager taking a look at the forum. Topics with a high number of views indicate subjects that are attracting a lot of interest.

In neither case is it an accurate guide, but displaying the number of views is not entirely without its uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A strangeness is that sometimes the number of views is far lower than the number of posts.

Blind posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy to explain, Jacob.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who looks at almost every thread in the forums I frequentoften more than a few times as I follow its progressionbut never post a response.

Then there are search engine spiders hitting threads. Depending on how the forum is set up, they may also figure into the overall "Views" count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Some of the posts may have been made on this system, before they were imported into the new system. Look at the dates on the posts. If they are before March 16 they were posted in an old system and imported, so there would be more posts than views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines