• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with IE8

Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first page loaded in a new session of IE8 results in a message at the bottom of the browser screen that says "error on page". The "Next" function is inoperative until the IE8 window is refreshed with F5. This is not a problem with FireFox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get something like that whenever i first load a page from the forums after a browser restart, clicking on any of the links from the userbar(New, Your Stuff, etc) does nothing untill i refresh the page, after which it works just fine. Another thing that happens after a browser restart is that the links on my forum homepage all show up as new even though i visited them before i closed the browser but this also gets fixed when i refresh the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing similar problems with IE 7/Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, many times the "Error" message is accompanied by effects such as this:

Zeno2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting several other problems with IE, and I am under the impression that the situation seems to be getting worse instead of better. But I am also under the impression that reporting such things is a waste of time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I agree. No one who can fix these things seem to be listening.

Just as no meaningful user input was solicited before the change to Jive was decided, they really don't want to hear any complaints.

They have crippled the forums for a reason I do not understand.

Many of these problems were the same problems we were having in the aborted attempt to "improve" the forums almost 3 years ago. They have learned nothing from that debacle.

I would like to know which moron in upper management is responsible for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two suggestions... since we all know that the forums are painfully slow to work in, John and company would be much more inclined to pay more attention to this forum if the vast majority of the posts contained information of immediate relevancy to them. I am more than willing to bet that 3/4ths of the posts in this forum are either chit-chat, rehashing the same ol' stuff we already know, or general complaints, often including insulting language directed at the very people you are looking for answers from. So... if unnecessary conversation was eliminated, and if forum personnel were treated more respectfully, in all likelihood, you would get more interaction from the folks you'd like to hear from more often.

I was away at a conference all weekend, and very slowly catching up. It'll still take awhile to get up to the top of the stack, and, really, I'm going to mostly skim over what looks like the same ol' same ol' from the same people who have said it all before. In the process, I may well miss something important... but that's the risk I have to take to get through it all. And John has a lot less time to devote here then I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

-------------------snip-------------------

I was away at a conference all weekend, and very slowly catching up. It'll still take awhile to get up to the top of the stack, and, really, I'm going to mostly skim over what looks like the same ol' same ol' from the same people who have said it all before. In the process, I may well miss something important... but that's the risk I have to take to get through it all. And John has a lot less time to devote here then I have.

While your doing the skiming, you should counting each response, from different people on the the same complaints to rate importance of Fixing a Problem. For example if you have 5000 different replies from different users about say the email notification problem. And then, you have 500 different complaints (from differrent users) about Breadcrumbs. The fixing the email notification problem should take top priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Two suggestions... since we all know that the forums are painfully slow to work in, John and company would be much more inclined to pay more attention to this forum if the vast majority of the posts contained information of immediate relevancy to them. I am more than willing to bet that 3/4ths of the posts in this forum are either chit-chat, rehashing the same ol' stuff we already know, or general complaints, often including insulting language directed at the very people you are looking for answers from. So... if unnecessary conversation was eliminated, and if forum personnel were treated more respectfully, in all likelihood, you would get more interaction from the folks you'd like to hear from more often.

Hey, we've got to have a bit of fun since the forums are such a disaster!

And just remember, you got loads of constructive comments through the trial and after the roll out of this lot. Since nothing noticeable happened in the meantime, and since we got virtually no feedback, it's not surprising that a bit of ragging and cussing goes on.

Respect has to be earned you know.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you would get more interaction from the folks you'd like to hear from more often.

I consider JC to be the forum expert and most likely to have answers. Are you telling me he's sulking? I don't believe you. Who is getting all this personal disrespect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more people ask, the more apparent the need/desire.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1871589#1871589

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Dorothy, in my opinion, you chose the wrong thread to post this message. It's not here (or at least it wasn't here before your message) where you find that 3/4ths of the posts and the posters. May I suggest that you repost it in some other thread where it is more likely to be read by the people to whom you addressed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

I am more than willing to bet that 3/4ths of the posts in this forum are either chit-chat, rehashing the same ol' stuff we already know, or general complaints, often including insulting language directed at the very people you are looking for answers from. So... if unnecessary conversation was eliminated, and if forum personnel were treated more respectfully, in all likelihood, you would get more interaction from the folks you'd like to hear from more often.

Nobody is treating John C and Kanguyen with disrespect. In fact, they have been applauded. However, i can't say the say about others from Adobe... If, i'm not mistaken, someone definitely asked you to keep quiet at one stage.

In any event, your post has no relevance in this thread. Symptomatic i'd say... no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Real shame the conference is over...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for this Jay - I think - we seem to have kanguyen instead as a #2 to JC in here. Personalities aside, that's a big improvement, because we have someone with the power to report problems and discuss them directly with Jive, willing and able to pursue troubleshooting issues and with some information to impart about problems that are being worked on. I'm sure if Dorothy would abandon her inappropriate badge, lose the attitude and participate as a normal user, without the lectures, her contributions wouldn't cause any trouble - after all we get plenty of posts already that don't actually add anything, and a number of hers brought up valid issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, look at the number of views for this thread! I suspect people are being drawn here by either a forced forum-wide search or the benighted 'More like this' box - only to be disappointed,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

No need for this Jay - I think -

No need for what Kath? Bit confused??

we seem to have kanguyen instead as a #2 to JC in here.

Already applauded Kanguyen and JC here and in a separate thread....

I'm sure if Dorothy would abandon her inappropriate badge, lose the attitude and participate as a normal user, without the lectures, her contributions wouldn't cause any trouble - after all we get plenty of posts already that don't actually add anything, and a number of hers brought up valid issues.

That's the point... at the moment she's adding to the noise without being constructive, helpful or understanding. Three qualities that JC and Kanguyen have displayed in abundance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just pointing out that Dorothy hasn't been seen around here for a while, as far as I've noticed. I think the message has already been received, that's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Just pointing out that Dorothy hasn't been seen around here for a while, as far as I've noticed. I think the message has already been received, that's all.

True.  I believe JJ was referring to a post from last month.  That was the post that got me thinking and eventually led me to post the Gabdhi quote.

• A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him.

• He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it.

• He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it.

• We are not doing him a favor by serving him.     He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:QU-_-MGLrrqQhM:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Gandhi_costume.jpg

Employees of any entity, whether in government or in private business, will do well to keep it in mind and at heart.

The recent post by Kathy Nguyen, universally well received here, shows that she knows this principle and puts it into practice.

However, a few Adobe staff and associates seem somehow to think that Adobe's customers are lowly adversaries in some sort of Internet game or in a newsgroup.  Those who manifest that misguided and poisonous attitude in this forum and in their blogs are showing their incompetence and their ignorance of basic business principles.  To them I say:  you're dead wrong!  You are far from being our superiors, you are our servants.

They should know well who they are—and we certainly do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Unfortunately Kath, i don't think that was / is the reason. She talks about being away at a conference and then condescendingly goes on to say she's just going to skim over, etc., etc., in short, the mail reeks of attitude and self-importance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that was ages ago - I'm just saying that there has been radio silence now for quite some time. I don't think the point needs to be laboured since the problem seems to have gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Yes, but that was ages ago - I'm just saying that there has been radio silence now for quite some time. I don't think the point needs to be laboured since the problem seems to have gone away.

Mea Culpa.... i didn't see the date... Just the message and it triggered me off. Apologies....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote

I'm sure if Dorothy would abandon her inappropriate badge, lose the attitude and participate as a normal user, without the lectures, her contributions wouldn't cause any trouble - after all we get plenty of posts already that don't actually add anything, and a number of hers brought up valid issues.

That's the point... at the moment she's adding to the noise without being constructive, helpful or understanding. Three qualities that JC and Kanguyen have displayed in abundance.

JayJhabrix, you were referencing an old post by Dorothy from last month, I believe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

JayJhabrix, you were referencing an old post by Dorothy from last month, I believe?

Ramon, as i just replied to Kath, "Mea Culpa.... i didn't see the date... Just the message and it triggered me off. Apologies..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have noticed some similar issues in internal testing with IE8 and have reported them to Jive.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines