Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Overview" tab is silly?

Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this place is even more "Jived" than after the first upgrade! (hah)

I take a break from this place for a while and return to find this crazy forum software gone bonkers, tabbed navigation gone overboard, silly features everywhere.

Anyway...can't the "All Content" tab be selected by default when you click a forum?  It's pretty annoying to have to click that every single time.  The so-called "overview" tab is a complete waste, IMO.  Is there a point to "overview"??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the tab you want as default and then click "set as default" which is small print to the right.

The default setting only works if you are signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, more features, lots more "social networking" junk.

I kind of prefer making Discussions the default myself, as All Content doesn't provide read tracking or links to the last post in a thread.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "social networking" aspect is probably a major contributor in my lack of understanding and also appreciation. To another user, those might be seen as significant improvements? To each, their own.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you revise your bookmark's url by adding '?view=discussions' to the end,

your bookmark will always take you directly to Discussions without having

to set the default everytime you connect.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

vs.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

So far, my default selections are sticking, at least in the forums, that I frequent.

Here's hoping,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the default works for me too... until I dump cookies

(which I do whenever I close firefox for the day).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, a cookie dump. I can see where that would change things. At least you have the Bookmark trick down, so it's not a total loss. I'll keep the cookies in the back of my mind, for the next cleanout - I know what to expect.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, and think that I commented on that, back in testing. However, there are probably "features," that I just do not understand, and cannot imagine a use for. Does not make it bad, just beyond MY comprehension.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

I agree, and think that I commented on that, back in testing. However, there are probably "features," that I just do not understand, and cannot imagine a use for. Does not make it bad, just beyond MY comprehension.

Hunt

Well, it's Jiveware... isn't some of this beyond everyone's comprehension? (Including the Jive developers...) 

Thanks for the helpful fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, most of it is beyond MY comprehension, but what do I know?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Anyway...can't the "All Content" tab be selected by default when you click a forum?

The All Content tab is also strange; the Video Tutorials on top of the forum appears twice here.

I think Discussions is the best place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussions tab seems to == All Content anyway?  I have no idea what Jiveware's thought process is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it really matter what specific features characterize each tab, or why these features were chosen? When I learned how to set my own default, I just chose each one in succession, and marked as my default the one presentation I found most nice/useful for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Content includes Docs and Polls too...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury, others,

The All Content view lacks the option of going straight to the last post; only Discussions view has the live link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I think the "All Content" view should be the default view too, the "Overview" tab is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, you can make any tab you want the default - until you toss your cookies that is. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just think "Discussions" should be the default default, if Adobe is able to configure this "stuff" to do that.  Easier for new users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think so.

The Overview tab is the only one customizable by forum administrators and moderators. Most forums add stuff to the Overview page to guide visitors to pertinent info. If DIscussions were the default, users would never see all that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines