Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rank

People's Champ ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP in this thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/418777?tstart=0

is unpleasantly rude to someone who I have much respect for and has helped me on several occassions and is generally considered an authority in his field. Though he is no longer an employee with Adobe, I do feel (though I know it's none of my business) that he should be given some sort of special forum status so that ignorant posters be aware of whom they are addressing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Thomas if he wants a community expert tag.

He's got the chops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are specific avenues to go through for the Community Expert positions. They are managed outside the forums. He would need to apply to that program.

I do agree that folks like Thomas are very valuable for their knowledge and history and continued support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honorary Community Expert, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't Thomas one of the many let go by Adobe? Maybe he doesn't want to be labeled by Adobe now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The story is that Adobe made Thomas an offer he couldn't refuse.  He's now with Extensis.

What a dream it would be if something similar to ATM and ATR rolled into one were to come out of that new association!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

There are specific avenues to go through for the Community Expert positions. They are managed outside the forums. He would need to apply to that program.

Pay attention. The OP's not asking how Thomas can go about getting CE status. The OP's saying he should be awarded CE status. So, why should Thomas apply for it? Huh?

<aside>Typical Adobe arrogance</aside>

If you really want to be helpful, then maybe you can set the wheels in motion... OK? Good. We look forward to a status report from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

Pay attention. The OP's not asking how Thomas can go about getting CE status. The OP's saying he should be awarded CE status. So, why should Thomas apply for it? Huh?

He might not want it. CEs do more than post in forums: http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

You can't just foist such responsibilities on somebody.

As Chris said, ask Thomas if he wants it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

He might not want it. CEs do more than post in forums: http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

You can't just foist such responsibilities on somebody.

As Chris said, ask Thomas if he wants it.

Quite but let that Adobe person start the ball rolling. Two options arise:

1/ Honorary – no responsibilities

2/ Offered to Thomas and declined

What Chris said i have no problem with. I objected to the other person's pomposity... as though Thomas wanted it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines