• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Stop Email Notifications!

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having the same problem I am? I clicked the link to start receiving email notifications, thinking I'd receive an email to alert me to the fact that someone had responded to my post, and when suddenly my email account was inundated with dozens of threads that had nothing to do with my particular question, I returned to the Forums website, turned off notifications... but it didn't take. It just won't allow me to stop receiving email notifications. Flaw in the programming.

Not the first time I've had problems on an Adobe web page. For having produced the best software in the world, they sure don't know how to use it correctly.

Thanks

Tice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure that my hypothesis is correct, but as far as I've experienced, turning off e-mail notifications does not override the notifications already existing on specific threads.

In other words, the notification change is for future threads -- you'll continue to get notifications on threads that you've previously replied to or had the notification on, but you won't get notifications for new threads, so the notifications will cease when the current threads cease to having postings.

I believe I tested turning off notification for a specific thread too, but it didn't seem to work as I had expected and I haven't taken the time to do more testing.

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's what I kinda figured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to look at preferences under the Your Stuff link to adjust setting there as you like. Then look at the Email Notifications tab in your profile and turn stuff off there. If there is still residual mail coming, go to the threads and/or forums they come from and see what the link in the actions box says. To not get mail, you want it to say something  about getting it. (NOT intuitive!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by the last part where you indicate I have to make it say something about getting them (not intuitive) do you mean to click on the link under actions that reads: receive email notifications? In other words, turning off all the email notifications as you directed me to in preferences really didn't do the trick. Do I go through each of these threads and turn off notification by actually clicking the "receive email notifications" link?

Geez... I should be spending my time in this forum asking tough questions about CS4 instead of this! Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1tice2001 wrote:

If by the last part where you indicate I have to make it say something about getting them (not intuitive) do you mean to click on the link under actions that reads: receive email notifications? In other words, turning off all the email notifications as you directed me to in preferences really didn't do the trick. Do I go through each of these threads and turn off notification by actually clicking the "receive email notifications" link?

Geez... I should be spending my time in this forum asking tough questions about CS4 instead of this! Thanks for your help.

Agree about too much time figuring things out!!

If it says "receive email notifications" you're good there. Clicking it means you want to start receiving them.

Seeing other posts after the one I'm quoting, I'm wondering whether you have other accounts that might be subscribed to emails as well?!? If everything seems turned off in this one, that may be something to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain.

After you shut it off everywhere in your profile

You must now turn off all the threads email notifications that you have visited.

it will take a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by Buko wrote:

I feel your pain.

After you shut it off everywhere in your profile

You must now turn off all the threads email notifications that you have visited.

it will take a while.

Actually; re-read Dorothy's msg.  I didnt get it at first; but under your profile there will be a list of all email notifications (in addition to smailing lists).  Its pretty easy to check them all off there in your profile.  Its not necessary to go into each thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually... it's still not working. So I think I might have to go into each thread. However... and here's a bonehead question, how do you do that exactly? Can you just point me in the right direction? I'm really not a computer bozo; but you'd think the producers of the best design software in the world could make this a better website. It really kinda sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1tice2001 wrote:

I think I might have to go into each thread. ... It really kinda sucks.

Um, that's what I said in post 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'xactly .Buko, it's what I have been saying since I went through the email Hel*. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that when you go to the Your Stuff->Profile page and click the Email Notifications tab there aren't any threads listed there? Because if there aren't that is some kind of bug in my opinion. OTOH, if there are, you just click the checkbox by each of them and then click the Remove button at the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1tice2001 wrote:

Actually... it's still not working. So I think I might have to go into each thread. However... and here's a bonehead question, how do you do that exactly? Can you just point me in the right direction? I'm really not a computer bozo; but you'd think the producers of the best design software in the world could make this a better website. It really kinda sucks.

1. Your Stuff/Preferences:  Setlike this:

2. Your Stuff/Profile/Email Notifications.
    • This lists all the notifications being sent to your email vua auto subscription.   Check them all and click to remove them
  3. Your Stuff/Profile/Mailing Lists: 
    • These are lists/forums you manually subscribed to if you want to post new msgs via email

Step 1 is needed because the default setting in the forum is to autosubscribe yo to any thread you particiapate in.

Step 2 is to remove notification from any threads you got auto subscribed to.   You can also unsubscribe by going into actual threads, as many people are suggesting; but this is a LOT easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines