Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Really hate these new forums

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2009 Jul 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the reasons are...

1. "Search Forums" - what happened to "Search THIS Forum"? I don't want to search ALL forums. I NEVER want to search ALL forums. Does anybody?

2. Doesn't "remember me". The old one did. All the phpBB forums I'm subscribed to do just fine.

3. New->write post? No. New->Discussion->Choose Forum (I'm already IN a forum)->write post. Cumbersome - too many steps. Just let me click one thing to write a post.

4. Should have moved all the old forum content into the new ones. Now we lose all that historical info - or have to dig for it somewhere else, I know not where...

But they are pretty, which really helps a lot.

- Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bunner bob wrote:

But they are pretty, which really helps a lot.

- Bob

That's not funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Jive software is stupid, you are correct.

2) Yep, known major problem yet to be fixed.....

3) I think you're missing a link, isn't there a "start new discussion" crap link or something?  I know, this Jived up interface is designed in such a way that most people never notice at least one "feature", it seems.

4 - They didn't do that?? No, they had to of done that (I think). I think if you can't find something that old, it's probably just the search sucking.

New definition of Jive at dictionary.com:

-noun

1) An amateur developer, particularly one who develops web forums in IT. ex. Jives are cheap to hire, but will negatively affect your bottom line unless you have exceptionally dishonest salespeople.

-verb

1) To screw over. ex. Wow, you really jived that company up this time!

-adjective

1) Extremely slow, to such an extreme as to render unusable. ex. These forums are so jive, most of us are going to have to find an alternative now.

2) Deceiving or misleading; dishonest. ex. The jive salesman sold another one of his useless products to an unsuspecting customer.

3) Useless or not worth bothering with. ex. This software is too jive to purchase.

4) Severely wrong morally; excessively punishing. ex. That's jived up man. That's just jived up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. New->write post? No. New->Discussion->Choose Forum (I'm already IN a forum)->write post. Cumbersome - too many steps. Just let me click one thing to write a post.

Your wish is granted

screenshot_07.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 12, 2009 Jul 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Screen Shows     SeaMonkeypicture002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because you're within a thread, not on the main page with the list of topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose that's because I normally get here through the links in the email announcements I receive rather than starting out by going to the adobeforums.com in the Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines