• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remember me on login page doesn't

Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've ticked 'remember me' on several occasions over the course of today, because it clearly doesn't.  Any hints on what might be up ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Remember me' doesn't keep you logged in, if that's what you mean. It just fills in your details at the log-in screen, that's all it's supposed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wierd/annoying is that when I boot the computer in the morning, I am automatically logged in. But if I stay online, and do something else for a while, it boots me off.

Has anyone worked out how long an idle period can be before logging you off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what 'remember me' in all sorts of other places does. Maybe some text needs adding to the screen login, and/or the idle timeout increased (a lot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no timeout period. If you want to be logged of, log off. That's the way the webx system was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, and that's the better user experience too. Which Adobe champions a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, but this is all about giving us a new kind of experience, slathered in rich creamery butter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, but this is all about giving us a new kind of experience, slathered in rich creamery butter.

rich creeeeeamarrry buuuutteeeer... arrrgggllllgghhhhhh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

There should be no timeout period. If you want to be logged of, log off. That's the way the webx system was.

the webx system wasn't tied to the adobe store. if you forget to log out of a public computer now, without a timeout, someone's going on a shopping spree on your nickel...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChivertonT wrote:

I've ticked 'remember me' on several occasions over the course of today, because it clearly doesn't.  Any hints on what might be up ?

mine's even better... it DOES remember me, but it remembers me the wrong way. that is, it puts my email address in there, even though i sign in with a nickname, not an email addy... very VERY strange...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got Your Stuff (if you haven't nuked it with some type of work around) > Profile at the top give email address and your name.

Click on radion button to choose name. Turn email address off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Your Stuff (if you haven't nuked it with some type of work around) > Profile"

ITYM 'Edit Profile', right ?

"Click on radio button"

Are you still talking about not being able to edit the email address or what ?

chiverton                                

me@somewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe IDs like to use email addresses as the key,.  Forum nicknames are something else.

But I do wish that the old functionality of keeping me logged in was still there.  Serious pain having to keep entering login details, even though the email bit is remembered OK.

And, since this is my first response using the new forums, I agree with those who have complained elsewhere about the slow appearance of the response box.

I can see no useful improvement from the old forums.  Based on what I've seen so far, money and time would have been better spent improving the core products.  Change for change sake does not necessarily equate to enhancement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm waiting until things settle down before blasting the management or leaving the forums "forever" in a huff.

I bet they come back for a sneaky look anyway.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines