• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove oneself from communty suppot page

Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove myself from this community support page? Adobe is flooding my email inbox with every single post and comment being made by everybody. I called Adobe 1-800-585-0774 and the person hung up on me when I stated what i wanted to do. I called Adobe 1-800833-6687 and the person talked in circles because they didn't know how to do it. I will use those numbers in the future for Adobe product technical fails instead of this support page. Ironically, I have to get an email about this which I will probably never see because I am deleting pages of adobe emails daily from my inbox. I did go to an account settings page but the attempted changes to stop emails keeps getting reversed by adobe to receiving emails. What I'd really like to do is remove myself totally from this online support nonsense. Do I need to end my subscription and then start a new subscription with a new email address?

adobe2.JPG

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU control emails
Click your avatar picture at the upper right
Click Account Settings
Click Notifications
Change the email settings to what you want
Click SAVE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but no, you are wrong. I do not control emails. I went to that account settings page you speak of and did those steps you speak of. I clicked Save. The emails kept flooding in. I went back to the website and checked the settings. All of the settings were reset back to the receive email status. I repeated this several times.

I called Adobe. I called Adobe several times. One Adobe rep actuall told me that the reason I'm getting all these emails is because I need to block cookies.

These emails are posts and responses to posts which have nothing whatsoever to do with anything I have ever posted. Trying to change anything in settings has not only failed to change anything - it has failed to change anything anytime I tried to chnage anything in settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure, Adobe Customer Service have nothing whatever to do with this. One thing you can try is to go to the SPECIFIC community page for each one sending you messages, and look at the top of the heading. If it says "Unfollow", click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never stated Adobe Community Support is doing this. So please do not insinuate something I never stated. I said Adobe (as in the company) is doing it. I haven't posted anything in quite some time and all of a sudden Adobe is flooding my email in-box with responses to posts that I never had anything to do with. Who else besides Adobe (not Adobe Community Support) would possibly have a technical glitch that would cause this to happen?

If anyone knows how to do it - I'd like to delete this community support account so I never have the risk of having to deal with such a screw up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not like it or feel that you are getting too many emails, then simply in your email mark the message as SPAM.  All emails will go into your SPAM folder.

Since you said you are not using the forum, then just do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry that it's happening.  I know the feeling of that flooded inbox.

One of the things I seem to remember (having done it), was that I had to make sure that I wasn't logged into any other browser windows when saving the settings for notifications.

You can also go to your CreativeCloud preferences (outside the browser prefs) and turn off the notification setting there as well.

It's a tough catch 22.  Like you said, most of the time, when you need the response, you want to have it pop up in your email, but if subscribed to a thread, you may get every post that gets made.

Hope you figured it out - if not, DM me.

Image: Notification Settings in CreativeCloud Preferences

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.17.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines