• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Illustrator CS4 file to PDF for printing. NO FORUMS CAN HELP

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have put threads on the PDF forum, they told me to put it on Illustrator forum and still know one has an answer, Tried to contact Adobe about this and just got a run around. Can anyone please help?

My problem results from when I save my file from Adobe Illustrator to a PDF for printing. After saving from Illustrator to a PDF and proofing it on screen all my gradients and other elements are where I need them to be on the page. But when I upload them to my printing company template all the gradients and so on are not even close to be in the right spot. How can I solve this problem, Is there a new setting in CS4 I need to know? Because I never had this problem with Illustrator CS3.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Acrobat forum.

This forum is only about how the forums themselves function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an Illustrator issue, not an Acrobat Issue. Acrobat is not used to create  the pdf. It may be that no one that frequents the Illy forum knows the answer. Users of Acrobat are not necessarily more knowledgeable about Illy than Illy users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move this to the Illy forum and post a copy of the PDF somewhere.

If the file was created properly, then it could well be time to find a new printer.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reggie,

I'm far from an Illustrator expert, but let's see if we can gather som more information form you that might help me, or someone else, figure out what's going wrong. Can you post a screnn capture of the arwork in Illustrator so I can see what the gradients are and how they're positioned? Use the little camera Icon thing in the toolbar above the message editing space on the web page.

Next, tell us about the printer's template. What application is it made in? What version?

What version of Illustrator and what OS are you using to create your art?

Is it only the gradients that are in the wrong place? Maybe a screen shot of that would help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save this file as Illustrator cs3. The only problem could be that you used some new feature in cs4 that will not be visible in cs3.

And then make a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

reggie,

I believe the clue may be in post #5, namely that the template at the printer is not capable of dealing with the CS4 features, in which case it is their inadequacy, especially their not telling you.

Double posting for earliest possible read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines