Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Name Change - unavailable

Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to change my screen name from curt y to Curt Y in Your Account/Account Information.  Says name is unavailable.  Yet a search shows no hits for it.  Is there some other thing I am missing?

Had the same problem when we switched to new forum.  Old name was unavailable.

How many points do you have to surrender to get some of The Wine_Snob's magic name changing Jive dust?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

curt y wrote on 1/15/2010 5:30 PM:

I have tried to change my screen name from curt y to Curt Y in Your Account/Account Information. Says name is unavailable. Yet a search shows no hits for it. Is there some other thing I am missing?

Try changing it twice. First to something completely differently, then

to the uppercase name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curt y wrote on 1/15/2010 5:30 PM:

I have tried to change my screen name from curt y to Curt Y in Your Account/Account Information. Says name is unavailable. Yet a search shows no hits for it. Is there some other thing I am missing?

to the uppercase name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

to the uppercase name.

Thanks, that method worked.

Have to log out, beboot and log in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know Curt Y, and thanks for validating Jochem's suggestion. That WILL help someone else in time.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only problem with my name changing is that it seems to come in the middle of the night. I wake up and boom! name's been changed.

Now, I did try for "Bill Hunt," and even the older "BILL HUNT," but hit the same wall as you have. I did not think to try Jochem's method though. Should have thought of that myself. One observation: Adobe forum told me that "Bill Hunt" was NOT available, but that is what it gave me recently? That might well indicate that Jochem is onto something, with his rec.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is good news.

I would suggest choosing something tolerable in between, just to be more safe than sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest choosing something tolerable in between, just to be more safe than sorry.

Good point! Who would want to be known as "bugger_head," or similar, even for an hour, or two.

I also agree that Joechem's suggestion will help a lot of people, so long as they read Curt Y's thread.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name change is not possible on these forums. I've tried for over 70 years now and my name is still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

Name change is not possible on these forums. I've tried for over 70 years now and my name is still the same.

I disagree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

I had wondered if you were Curt Namechange Wrigley. I went to college with such a chap, but never got around to asking you. Gotta' be the same one. Remember that night that we snuck into the KΩ house?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Curt is using his old AKA, there was a brief time, where he appeared as "Curt Namechange Wrigley." Now, my comments will make more sense. Also, I see that he DID remember that night on campus, and has been shamed into going back to his old nom de plume.

As reported up-thread, Curt Y WAS able to change his screen name, with one little step in the middle.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried for over 70 years now and my name is still the same.

Wow, and I thought that I have been around the Adobe fora for a long time!!!!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

What happens when you try? I ask because Curt Y did change his screen name after his opening post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

I just changed my name and changed it back in a few minutes time...

namechange.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a way to change your name within the forums themselves because the forums pick up your name from your Adobe ID when you sign in. You need to go out and change the screen name on your Adobe ID and then it will show that new name the next time you sign into the forums.

Click on Your Account at the very top of the page. Sign in with your Adobe ID if asked. Then click on Edit Your Account Information. Make sure you are on the "Personal info" tab and your screen name should appear under the First Name and Last Name fields on that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to come up with the name saskatchewanobie to log in here, it would not let me log in using my old standard name used for years on the Adobe forums. Dave Milbut and I both jumped through hoops, worked for months to try to accomplish a name change after these forums changed over to Jive software. We were never able to get the change to the old name done. I read that it is possible here, but in actuality it has never happened.

Tired of trying,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not clear to me if you are talking about your screen name (the one appearing here) or your Adobe ID (the one you use to log in). If the former, you should be able yo change it following JC's instructions. However, it you are talking about your Adobe ID, and this is not email, and you cannot change it, welcome aboard. We are in the same boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines