Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search issues and Mozilla Firefox bug

Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use, Mozilla Firefox v 3.0.8 on MacBook Pro

1. When searching the forum with 'more options' on, I cannot use keyboard, to quickly navigate to the first letter of the category I want to search. When I press any letter - nothing happens. Works fine in Safari. Please fix...

2. The categories in the advanced search are NOT alphabetically sorted! Quite awkward..

3. The categories window is soooooo small, it takes hours to see what you need. Normally I would expect to see a window at least 3 times bigger (taller). Besides a drop-down list with ALL the categories would be very nice.

4. The 'more options' button SHOULD be present under the 'search' window at all times, not only after I perform a search - why should it take 2 clicks, rather than 1?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it - am I the only one having those issues with the search window?

Ok, number 2 is sorted, but the subcategories are barely distinguished from the main categories, which makes it very difficult to see what one is looking for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox 3.0.9 was released on Tuesday, FWIW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Firefox 3.0.9 was released on Tuesday, FWIW.

My Firefox is always up-to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand that you're not alone with your complaints. This forum is testamnet for that.

But, unless and until some of the major issues are fixed, you—and the rest of us—are just going to have to struggle to live with it.

BUT! There are some band-aids that will help, selflessly created by a couple members of this forum.

First, you'll need to install the GreaseMonkey add-on for Firefox.

Then, you'll need to install a few scripts which will cause many of the impediments on the forums and on the search page to render in ways that are much more user -friendly.

See the following thread for more info:

"Usability Tweaks"

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415447

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what the search page looks like when the script for fixing it is loaded into the GreaseMonkey add-on:

SearchIssues.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines