Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selling of software.

Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have older versions of software which I have upgraded on line. If i sell the old versions and do the licence transfer will the new owner have access to the upgraded versions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I am mistaken, you cannot legally transfer the license of an older version once it has been used for an upgrade.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe OB is correct... License Transfer http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/152/tn_15281.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i sell the old versions and do the licence transfer will the new owner have access to the upgraded versions.

You cannot sell old versions and keep the latest version.

Upgrades merely extend your existing license. e.g. if you bought Photoshop, CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS6 then you still have one software license so you cannot sell earlier versions and keep CS6. You'd be selling one license (because you only have one license to sell) which includes CS3 through to CS6 inclusive.

See clause 4.6.2 http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/CS6.pdf

If you want to sell your software, you must sell it all from the first full version including all updates through to the latest version you own. That'll leave you with no software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably haven't put the question right. I bought Elements 8 and over time updated the to Elements 11, all done as download upgrades. The same applies with LR. I bought 3 and upgraded to 4. I have just bought a new camera and it has come with LR5 and Elements 11 software free. If I install and register the new software I have just been given the I will have older versions that will be of no use to me. I have thought about selling them to other members of my photo group as starter editing software,which goes back to my question. If I sell and transfer the licence to whoever buys it then will they only have access to PE8 and LR3 or will they be able to access the upgrades bought when I was using them. Hope that is a bit clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, any Photoshop Elements "upgrade" is not really an upgrade which requires a previous serial number to install... you only received an "upgrade" price for a short time when the newer version is released

Any program which requires a previous serial number to install is a "true" upgrade, and the link John Waller provided applies... you may not sell it

So... were you required to enter a previous serial number when you installed your "upgrade" version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think I was but to be honest I can't really remember. I think I paid for the newer version it was downloaded and installed. Was just advertised as a upgrade on the Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines