Copied

Hi...

Where? How?

TIA...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

seamonkeypicture004.png☜

I know this is small but notice over in the right bottom corner of this screen shot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Adobe Forums as shown above (just below the Welcome and your  name or Username). The look all the way over to the right, you'll see Logout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... nothing there... neither in IE nor FF...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seamonkeypicture004.png☜

I know this is small but notice over in the right bottom corner of this screen shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only find a LOGOUT link at the forum home page http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging in up the very top. Don't ask to explain why as Adobe.

Phillip M Jones, C.E.T. "If it ain't Broke, Don't Fix it!"

616 Liberty Street Martinsville, Va 24112-1809

phone: 276-632-5045 cell:276-732-7781

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com http://www.phillipmjones.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

I can only find a LOGOUT link at the forum home page http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Yup... seems to only be on that page... as Philip also c

onfirmed in his original post...

These, unwarranted and unwanted, breaks are getting a bit much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

khaziranga wrote:

These, unwarranted and unwanted, breaks are getting a bit much!

Inexcusable. 

But they make you check your spelling! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out my spelling!! If it wasn't for the censors I'd add some italian emphasis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Many thanks! Finally found it... It's looking so innocuous now... used to be on top... and if, i'm not mistaken, in red?

*** And, why is it that this is the only forum i visit that one can't even enter text without some hassle or the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk about it, look what the forum did to my post just above yours. I didn't put all that code. I would love to have the phone number of the right person to talk to about this I'd give them a piece of my mine. Enough is enough. THis has been around since the last update. normal people would as soon as they saw the problem would have a patch up and running within a week of it happening. But we have to remember adobe and Jive are not normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, unless my memory is completely wrong, many important problems that were reported since the implementation of the trial version of these new forums have not been corrected so far. The problems you are complaining about are relatively new, and we have been officially informed of an easy workaround: correct by hand.

If I were you, I wouldn't expect a solution instead of a workaround. And of course one can always quit the forums when too fed up with the way they (don't) work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

And of course one can always quit the forums when too fed up with the way they (don't) work.

Judging by my recent experience in the forums I frequent, where the posting of reasonable questions has sunk to about 10% of the previous rate, I would say most useful people have already quit.

Whether it is due to the permanently malfunctioning forum software is hard to determine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those wishing for NNTP and want to jump ship. They have a whole bunch of Adobe newsgroups on the Eternal-September.net news server. Note it an authenticated server which means you have to sign up  and they send you a password then you have to enter username and password to get in. If you have your newsreader memorize, them they will be sent each time  for the authenitication. I am sure they could add more as needed.

I'll stick it out here despite all the warts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

That observation holds for several other product fora, as well.

Now, Premiere (all flavors), Encore and PS are filled with little more than installation issues.

Premiere has lost about 5 of the main-stay regulars, and Encore has lost two of the most helpful regulars. I hardly recognize a subscriber in PS any more.

Oh well, what are we to do?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had your problem. I am automatically logged out every time I restart my browser, and in a few hours if I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I am automatically logged out every time I restart my browser, and in a few hours if I don't.

So am I.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

I am automatically logged out every time I restart my browser, and in a few hours if I don't.

So am I.  

Well, I was told months ago that my case was of no iterest because I was the only person affected by the problem. Now that we are two, we should perhaps refloat that thread (if I can findit!)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

So am I. 

I had that problem sometime in the middle of last year.  Someone (JVD?) told me to clear all Adobe cookies, which I did, and the problem disappeared.  It was quite a number of cookies (dozens!) that I had to delete at that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I delete cookies e

verytime before logging in on my Mac, wh

ere closing a window doesn't close the browser. I have also tried each and every suggestion that has been posted in this forum. Unfortunately, the problem seems to be morestubborn than I am...

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know these directions don't work for Claudio. But might others having the problem.

1. go to adobe forums main page and log out.
  2. then go to Adobe.com main Page and Log out.
  3. next locate any and every cookie reated to Adobe, Adobeforums.
  4. remove them quit your browser.
  5. Try restarting computer.
  6. open Browser and go to adobe main page and Log in.
  7. next go to forum see if logged in if not logg in.
  8. As soon as your in, move away from Forum toanother page
  9. then quit your browser.
  10. reopen and go to forum check to see if in.
  11. check cookies to see if have been rebuilt.
  12. IF so try and see whether you stay logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phillip,

I noticed that your directions include a couple of extra steps than the most elaborate logout-relogin procedure I use. As I am willing to try anything to avoid being logged out so frequently, I decided to give your directions a try.

Well, everything worked as expected until step 10. When I went to the forums after restarting my browser, I found that I had been logged out, so I could not proceed any further. This is one of the things I have been complaining about: I am logged out everytime I restart my browser, regardless of browser and platform. The other is that when I log in on my Mac, where going out of the forums does not close my browser, I am being logged out long before the 24 hours we are told the cookies last for; and this has been getting worse in the last few weeks.

I suspect that my particular problem may be due to the fact that I never accepted changing my Adobe ID to my email address, because now I cannot make this change even when following all the instructions for doing so. Unfortunately, JC cannot do anything about this, and contacts with persons who perhaps could have been unfruitful so far.

Written in case I am not alone, and another user affected by this problem reads this thread.

Changing the subject completely: All the messages I have posted in the last month have been sent using the same setup, from my Mac. However, the extra linefeed problem has been attacking randomly. Some times it affects only the first line I type, some times it affects many lines, and sometimes it does not appear at all, as in this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered the possibilty of creating a

email address say from Yahoo Mail, Google mail and set up Yahoo!/Google to forward mail to your real address or if you have a Server of your own create an email box specifically for you to use with this  group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, perhaps I am too old, but I still prefer to navigate the forums from my browser... Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that but that way you would have a legit email address the username/password system could be tied to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines