• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small feature request

Advocate ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In private messages, I'd like a one-click way to add someone to my address book.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll send it along to Jive as a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I'll send it along to Jive as a feature request.

Along perhaps with a way of blocking senders, please?

Blocking all senders or totally deleting the private message feature would be fine, if blocking individual senders turns out to be too cumbersome.

Already I'm getting a stream of unwanted private messages from a certain forum troll.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath, this thread will be to all effects closed when JC, Kaguyen or someone like them writes that the matter will be considered, which may be in the next message or even in one that gets posted while I'm writing this one. So I would like to ask you, would you allow this thread to be used by others to post our own requests for small features?

I ask because I'm certain many of us have suggestions for small improvements, but don't think they are worth opening brand new topics. It would be nice to have a single thread for gathering them, and this seems to me like a good one. Keeping all of them together would also be useful for JC and company.

In case you are willing to say yes, I would fervently ask future posters to keep on topic and refrain from posting here just to show how witty they (think they) are, or to engage on endless discussions "on the immortality of the crab" (word by word translation of an expression we use around here and that I would guess does not need an explanation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to say something similar. I have collected  a list of minor idiosyncrasies in this Jive interface, which I didn't want to cloud the situation with at this rather uncomfortable stage of debugging, but which I feel should be attended to in the fullness of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

<snipped>...and refrain from posting here just to show how witty they (think they) are, or to engage on endless discussions "on the immortality of the crab" (word by word translation of an expression we use around here and that I would guess does not need an explanation).

???? Not trying to be witty... but that allusion has eluded me... could you please elaborate? You could send me a private message if you choose.

Many thanks...

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea Claudio, JJ - thanks John C. I'm not awarding maximum points because people might think the thread is over and done with

Anyway, as we well know, as the OP I don't own the thread, people can add what they like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just think of a slightly more idiomatic translation "the inmortality of crabs".  In other words, who the he!! cares?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Just think of a slightly more idiomatic translation "the inmortality of crabs".  In other words, who the he!! cares?

Aah... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not my place to say, but maybe we could just compile a brief list of minor requests for added features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Not my place to say, but maybe we could just compile a brief list of minor requests for added features?

Kath, there are also a number of small annoying things that could be easily corrected and which, together with desired minor added featurs, I think should be gathered and preserved for when all the major fires are already extinguished. Perhaps it should be better to open a brand new thread just for this.

If you agree, I would like to invite you to open that new thread. You are an expert on saying things using few words, while I seem to be just the opposite...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

<snipped>...and refrain from posting here just to show how witty they (think they) are, or to engage on endless discussions "on the immortality of the crab" (word by word translation of an expression we use around here and that I would guess does not need an explanation).

???? Not trying to be witty... but that allusion has eluded me... could you please elaborate? You could send me a private message if you choose.

Many thanks...

JJ

Not at all; yours is a completely valid question, although Ramón gets up earlier than I do and has already obligued. So this is just a complement.

In Chile, when two or more people engage in a futile and endless discussion on something about which nobody cares, we say they are discussing on "la inmortalidad del cangrejo", which I already translated word by word. Somebody, at some time, must have chosen, perhaps humorously, this subject as an utmost example of a useless one to discuss. The expression became a (local? don't know) idiom and is extensively used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinking_about_the_immortality_of_the_crab

http://milbut.org/images/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for forwarding my request John. The answer doesn't seem too hopeful, but it is a small matter. From Jive:

Currently the only way to add a user's name to your address book is to enter it manually when viewing your private messages. That being said it's possible that with customizations you could add a link to a user's profile page that would add them to your address book. These customizations might only require FTL changes, but very well could require code level changes to accommodate the functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Thanks for forwarding my request John. The answer doesn't seem too hopeful, but it is a small matter. From Jive:

These customizations might only require FTL changes, but very well could require code level changes to accommodate the functionality.

I take it that FTL does not mean Faster Than Light.

SCNR 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a custom setting to change the "look and feel" to a WebX style look? At least we can attempt to delude ourselves that this thing works correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 23, 2009 May 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

How about a custom setting to change the "look and feel" to a WebX style look?

I have asked for this since the first, official day of the new forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an old proverb which says, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".

And that says it all!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, with the Stylish scripts and AdblockPlus, I've managed to create a pretty decent rayon/acetate purse out of this rotten sow's bodily parts.

You almost can't tell it's not silk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine is a sort of bleached denim.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... Thanks Claudio... the background info puts things in perspective...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines