• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small niggles

Advocate ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested, a thread for annoying little things that we hope can be easily fixed - not the biggies like failing to go back to where you last read, being logged out mid-post, lack of NNTP etc - just niggly little things.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2007641#2007641

Sorry folks, but word has come down from above that abuse of the point system is counter-productive. There are management types that actually believe some users see points as an incentive to provide a quality answer, and that they wouldn't do so without the points, but that's not a widely held opinion among hosts. Nevertheless, I have to lock the thread, and warn you that at some point there will be official sanctions for those who post threads with

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

...until they fix it, just drag the bottom up by the hatched corner.

Takes less than a second out of your life and you can be mentally composing your reponse as you do it. 

Well, I must I confess I had never noticed the existence of that hatched corner (as you can see in the screeshot of my previous post, it doesn't show when I'm writing a message). Thanks for introducing me to it, it's a real blessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I agree but, until they fix it, just drag the bottom up by the hatched corner.

Takes less than a second out of your life and you can be mentally composing your reponse as you do it. 

Hmm, takes longer than it does to scroll down using the mouse wheel and click "post". Plus, who knows if that'll crash the browser, cause your message to be lost/truncated, or whatever--this is Jive software we're talking about.  I'll wait till it's fixed. (if ever)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Hmm, takes longer than it does to scroll down using the mouse wheel and click "post". Plus, who knows if that'll crash the browser, cause your message to be lost/truncated, or whatever--this is Jive software we're talking about.  I'll wait till it's fixed. (if ever)

Yes, but quite a lot less than scrolling up and down to see the message you are replying to, if you are not quoting it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Ansury wrote:

Yes, but quite a lot less than scrolling up and down to see the message you are replying to, if you are not quoting it...

True, true!  That is pretty stupid.  I hadn't even realized I was doing that.  Learn something new (that is bad) about "Jive" every day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That particular one is already listed as "• Adjusting the height of the Post Reply box and getting it to stick" under "Ongoing issues being researched:" in the Forum FAQ, What are some updates as to what is happening in the new forums?

It was even mentioned during the preview phase that it is supposed to remember your setting ("stick").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using Chrome and it looks like that?  I don't think mine does that at all.  I'm not really seeing wasted space.  The text input box is pretty big but I've never really even noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these Jive guys must be all smoking medical Marijuana.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a niggle.

If your post is unlucky enough to end as the last on the page, people coming in afterwards via the "Last Post" link (instead of the "Last Read"), will never see it once a reply has been posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, a message gets posted again and again and again (in this forum, this problem seems to affect almost exclusively S.D.A.). Surely this problem must have a better solution than just locking the affected thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has someone asked for "breadcrumbs" (Adobe Forums > Adobe general forums > Forum comments links) at the BOTTOM of the page so that we don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the screen to go back?  Back button works but only if you're on the first page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean like this?

Breadcrumbs.gif

They've been there for a while now.

What's disappointing is, if you're on, say, the second page of the main list of topics, you can't get back to that second page with a single click or the 'back' button. Either of those always lands you on the first page of the topic list.

It would be nice to be able to easily get back to where you were in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The're just too far away from the previous line of text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind it. The mouse wheel is my primary method of burning calories these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh good, didn't see that at all, so it's just a crummy UI design.  It blends in with the crappy "powered by Jive Clearcrap" line's area. It should be right under the line under the page links, not way down there, but I can live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see it at first, either. But then I'm still occasionally hitting the Choose File button instead of Post Message, because I see that out of the corner of my eye while the Post button is too far down. No doubt when the size of the message box finally gets sticky, that won't be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

No doubt when the size of the message box finally gets sticky, that won't be an issue.

flying pig n.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Oh good, didn't see that at all, so it's just a crummy UI design.  It blends in with the crappy "powered by Jive Clearcrap" line's area. It should be right under the line under the page links, not way down there, but I can live with it.

Using the FireFox Stylish add-on? Raise footer breadcrumbs:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2029653#2029653

footer_breadcrumbs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harron K. Appleman wrote:

What's disappointing is, if you're on, say, the second page of the main list of topics, you can't get back to that second page with a single click or the 'back' button. Either of those always lands you on the first page of the topic list.

The single-click solution is to use the "Up to Discussions..." link at the top of the page. Here's a round-about way of making it go to the list page you were viewing: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1985891#1985891 but as mentioned there, you still end up at the top of the list page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure wish the back button worked right. stoopid web developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.

Henry Ford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
  - Douglas Adams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Douglas Adams

Had to google him. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hitchhikers-Guide-Galaxy/dp/0345453743/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245782057&sr=8-5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines