• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So what kind of glitch would create this post?

Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yesterday after five I was at work, and logged into the Adobe forums. Today, I went to my profile to look at the threads I posted in yesterday, and I found a post I didn't make under my name:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6071240#6071240

The creepiest part of this, for me, is that I actually know rather more than the average bear regarding theories of archaic Pacific migration. I mean, lots more, courtesy of a hardass anthropology professor, some years ago. And I've gone on record on the Internet, recently, in forums where they care a lot about theories of Oceanic migration, that I don't care all that much about theories of Pacific migration. So I know that that is not a post I'd make.

I'm guessing that this is a Jive issue, not someone very carefully messing with my head. Have there been recent reports of "Hey, that's not my posting style!"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I will move the thread out of public view so that Jive can take a look at it before that post gets deleted.

Frankly, MVPs should not have the authority to delete anything on these forums.  They are not in a position to think rationally.  The reason they got the title is because they have more time to spend here on these forums rather than any other special credentials.  Not many have done the Adobe Certification tests AFAIK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taxsite,

The forum administrator, who has led these forums for a couple of decades as Adobe staff, will eventually delete the orphan post that worried Joel enough to start this thread.

It is a bit difficult to see how that can give rise to this statement:

Frankly, MVPs should not have the authority to delete anything on these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

It is a bit difficult to see how that can give rise to this statement:

Frankly, MVPs should not have the authority to delete anything on these forums.

This gave rise to my statement because Adobe-Admin is powerless to make sure such posts are not deleted without being investigated thoroughly.  He is powerless because there are so many people who are "delete-happy" here on these forums and there is nothing he can do because he did not delegate these powers to anybody.  It was done by some woman (or guy) who was moved away from these functions presumably because of this fiasco of delegation. This is due to the fact that in post #7 this was stated in quite clear terms:

As for the post with your name - that can be Deleted, and i will be glad to do that for you. Just let me know - you can PM me, from my profile, and I will handle that for you.

This frankly is barmy because how can somebody delete posts without investigating further.  I don't think he has the expertise or access to the source post to investigate this himself (ignoring the fact that alcohol and work don't mix).  Only the guys at Jive can do this in association with Adobe-Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, taxsite, an occasion to state an opinion.

As I have stated before, I believe most Most Vehemently Punished are without any moderating power; for my own part, one day I found myself being one with no clue who made the decision, and I have carried on just like before, neither less nor more (if possible) silly.

Apart from that, in my native forum I can only recall one thread that was deleted and two threads where small specific parts of a few posts were deleted in the just about five years of the present forum version, in all three cases fully justified, and in all three cases done by staff. There may be some MVP(s) with moderating power there, but if so I have never seen it used.

And I find it a bit difficult to see what is wrong in offering to delete a worrying post by request of the one it is wrongly attributed to, especially when it is an issue that may be investigated through other cases, however worrying the lack of solution may be to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

And I find it a bit difficult to see what is wrong in offering to delete a worrying post by request of the one it is wrongly attributed to, especially when it is an issue that may be investigated through other cases, however worrying the lack of solution may be to others.

Everything is wrong with it because "other cases" alone is not sufficient because you want to know whether there is a concerted effort to launch an attack from different countries rather than from one individual in one country.  These attacks are normally launched from different countries and this is normally coordinated using the Tor private network where information is shared without alerting the authorities.  NSA is listening to almost everything except when something is discussed and shared on Tor network.  Now I am not an expert in this so don't ask me how do you get on Tor because I don't know and I have no interest to know it.

Deleting is not an option if authorities want to investigate this because more evidence the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone help me please attached is a paper that was done and turned in.

For school. What confused me Is the little letters between words sentences

and ends of sentences. For the fact that I tried pulling up other class

mates papers or even tried to down load it and their paper is perfect

normal papers. That was written. Now I pull up paragraphs or comments to

my friend about her paper that was graded or commented on from him and yup

is just like hers. For a few days I seen it down loaded it. Then when I

asked her about it she doesn't know she says. And gets mad. So now guess

what???yup. . It doesn't happen anymore. Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you are asking, or how this is related to the topic you have chosen to post in.  Nor is there any "attachment".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting is not an option if authorities want to investigate this because more evidence the better.

That may be true, but the other thread mentioned, which I linked to and you also took part in, seemed to indicate otherwise to a degree that could have fooled me.

In any case, I am sure any staff might have made the OP the same kind offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help I don't know much about computers. So here's my

story, my friend had a paper due and usually she does them pretty quick but

for some reason this one took extra long especially for how much was

written. So when SHE was done I jumped on to my computer and logged in to

look at it. Interestingly it looked weird. For the fact that it had

different letter and so forth between words, sentences, and the end of

sentences. So baffled by this because I haven't seen anything like it I

checked her other class mates papers. Pulled it up looked like a normal

paper. So I tried downloading it same thing normal. So I'm thinking why

is hers like this. So by chance I pull up her professors comments on class

mates papers and ok still normal I try to download and nothing. Ok maybe

it's nothing I'm worried about? BUT NOW I PULL UP HIS COMMENTS OR MESSAGES

TO HER. ..... Yes HIS IS JUST LIKE HERS. .... So please can someone help me

and give me a peace of mind of what it is? Attached is one of her paper in

pdf form. Please get back at me as soon as possible someone.

Justinangieverano@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe-Admin didn't in post #22 so case doesn't stand to scrutiny. Do you make up things as you go along?

In fact from post #22 one could deduce that Adobe-Admin doesn't want the post to be deleted but he is powerless to stop this from happening. All he can do is to move the thread out of public view. I personally think that he should get some powers to suspend any MVP who can't exercise due diligence and judgement on these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And while we are at this, wouldn't it be nice that everyone moving a thread to a different forum posted a short message saying so? There are some that do, but unfortunately some don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

And while we are at this, wouldn't it be nice that everyone moving a thread to a different forum posted a short message saying so? There are some that do, but unfortunately some don't.

Yes I agree with you Claudio.  If you see any such posts please post them here so that we can identify which MVP is lazy not to put his name or hiding behind the anonymity because he/she thinks he/she may be stripped off the title and therefore the powers to boss around here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio sorry but I'm trying to get some answers maybe you can help me. My email is [removed].  Don't worry I'm not a hacker. Far from it but I wish someone would help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have good reasons for not posting your question in these forums, you can send me a personal message through my profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only offer, no independent intention, to delete the post in question was made in post #7, and that would seem to be fully in line with what had been stated before that by staff (other staff than Adobe-Admin operate in these forums) or whomever, as linked to in the first post, so the only basis for anyone, staff or whomever, to imagine that it would be wrong to delete the post according to post #22 would be second sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

The only offer, no independent intention, to delete the post in question was made in post #7, and that would seem to be fully in line with what had been stated before that by staff (other staff than Adobe-Admin operate in these forums) or whomever, as linked to in the first post, so the only basis for anyone, staff or whomever, to imagine that it would be wrong to delete the post according to post #22 would be second sight.

i don't see anywhere in this thread where a staff offered to delete the spoof post.  Have you got the post # or are you just making things up again as you go along?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From post #7:

As for the post with your name - that can be Deleted, and i will be glad to do that for you. Just let me know - you can PM me, from my profile, and I will handle that for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe-Admin. That offer is from an MVP NOT from Adobe Staff.

Jacob Bugge is saying that Adobe Staff would have offered to delete the

post and I am saying that it is unlikely because these things have to be

investigated and MVP are not likely to have the necessary knowledge to

do so. MVP's experience lies in deleting things without thinking hard

enough the consequences of doing that. JB is supporting that course of

action while I am preventing him from taking that stupid action.

Anyway I am finished here because there isn't anything new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MVP Bill Hunt had and still has the necessary knowledge and powers to do what you needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

MVP Bill Hunt had and still has the necessary knowledge and powers to do what you needed.

Is that why he wanted to delete the post and destroy any potential evidence necessary to rectify the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's far from what he said.  He offered to move your post, not delete it.

In any event, never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it you haven't read the entire thread, right? If not then read

post#7 that lead to me participating in this thread. I normally ignore

any threads where the right course of action is being taken but on this

occasion even the Adobe-Admin was worried that the message in question

might be deleted and all the evidence destroyed. It was Adobe-Admin who

decided to move the post; not your favorite MVP whose knowledge you

regard highly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a deplorable habit of assuming what others "regard highly" or who anyone's "favorite MVP" may or may not be.

Suffice it to say I'm out of any thread in which you may participate. I have no desire to break lance with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytasite,

Jacob Bugge is saying that Adobe Staff would have offered to delete the

No, I merely expressed the belief that staff might as well have (post #34):

And just to clarify:

JB is supporting that course of action while I am preventing him from taking that stupid action.

I thought it would be clear from post #30 that I am against any unnecessary intervention/interference, and that I belong to the (assumed by me) majority of MVPs that have no, and wish no, moderating powers, quite happy to just carry on in the same friendly (and for some of us sometimes silly and woolly (woolly is good)) way as ever.

The (only) reason for my possibly sillily deciding to comment on your statements of opinions on MVPs, and seemingly on one in particular, is that I believe they are unfounded, especially (at least) one in post #29 which I believe is, at best, on the limit of what is acceptable according to the forum guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6075225#6075225

You guys are having posts attributed to the wrong users.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines