• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So where's my screen name?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I went through all the steps before the merger to associate my old screen name with my account. That effort seems to have been for naught. I haven't used my real name on the Adobe forums in years, and I'm not about to start now. I've looked under the "Your Stuff" tab, but there doesn't seem to be any way to edit my screen name. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out at the very top of the screen. Sign in again at the very top (Your Account).

Now go to edit your profile and you should be able to change your screen name.

Or just 'Your Account' might work.

[Edit] Hmm, I can still edit even though there's a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some stumbling around, I found a way to get something close to my old name (apparently, it's still "in use" by my old adobeforums.com doppelganger). Go to Your account | Edit your account information | Screen name and enter the name you want to use. If you're trying to get your old identity back, you'll probably get a message that that name is already in use. Keep trying with variations of the desired until it accepts one. Kind of unintuitive, but I guess we'll discover many such unintuitive little tricks as we learn to navigate this new system.

I'd still like to know why I lost my old name despite following all the steps carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beat me to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought you couldn't edit after a response, unless the response was 'threaded' to someone else?

Ah, I see. Brutus replied directly to his own post, not mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brutus_Maximus wrote:

I'd still like to know why I lost my old name despite following all the steps carefully.

It may be tied to an older email address of yours.

Mine is still tied to an email which I gave up years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines