Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Staying logged in

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having stayed logged in for years on the old forums, and even managing it during the interim phase, I now get logged out in the same browser session (FF 3) if I come back after doing something else on the computer. And I don't remain logged in if I switch from one bookmarked forum to another!

Am I missing some setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a difference in browser settings or environment. Because Ive been looged in since last night, have closed and opened the browser several times, popped in and out of different forums and not had to re-log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it counts idle time (though i don't know how long you have to be idle to kick you out) but it doesn't care whether you closed your browser or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was idle at least 4 hours and didnt have to log back in.  So the idle counter must be pretty long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have missed the check box that says Remember me.

Also your User Name is tied to your adobe account User Name. I had username for Adobe.com of PjonesCET which was an accident I didn't want the caplalized P. But it couldn't be changed. My old Webx style username was pjonesCET. So to prevent this problem I cahnged my webx username to comply with my adobe.com username (PjonesCET)  when the new sytem went on line I was told to send my email address and my password. Then there was the check box remember me. That set a cookie that allows me to automaticallly be signed in. I also chose in SeaMonkey to save user name and passowrd so if something ever happens I will be automatically signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember me, does not keep me logged in.

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your browser to accept cookies? The remeber me feature trigger a Cookie that is place in you browser. That is read each time you go to a Particular site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not keep you logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not be able to log in without cookies. Remember me just fills in the user name and password in the login fields.

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this forum is a mess and not very functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, here. I'm working away on several forums besides Adobe ones, going back and forth between Digital Grin, Lightroom-Forums, here and elsewhere, and suddenly I'm not logged in  here, REAL annoying!

Went years without being logged out of Adobe forums, before!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...

I left my browser (Firefox 3.0.6) open and sitting on a blank page when I put my Mac to sleep and put myself to bed.

6 hours later I wake my computer and return to this forum by hitting the link I've had to it in my browser bookmarks bar for years.  I get in, no problem. Still logged in.

Just quit Firefox and relaunched it. Came to this forum using my browser bookmark bar again.  Still logged in.

Something tells me this is going to be a sticky mess for awhile until behavior is consistent for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I am staying logged in today.  BTW, FF is up to 3.0.8.

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
BTW, FF is up to 3.0.8.

Thanks, Tom.

But I'm about the very last person you'll be needing to remind about software updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines