• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggested improvements to RSS feed

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the Usenet service is not going to be restored, which is foolish and disappointing. For me the RSS feed is the best alternative but there are two drawbacks.

1. Quoted text is not distinguished from author's text. Would it not be better if quoted text were italicised or coloured?

2. The author is not identified (unless he/she has opted to show email address). Could the author's screen name not be displayed as a signature by default?

MHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for both points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use NetNewsWire for an RSS client it shows quotes differently than the main text.

Message was edited by: Michael Kazlow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike:

Is that made by seamonkey ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MikeKazlow wrote:

I use NetNewsWire for an RSS client it shows quotes differently than the main text.

Message was edited by: Michael Kazlow

That's interesting. I, too, am using NetNewsWire but quoted text is not differentiated from non-quoted text. Your quote above was manually italicised. I'd be very interested to learn how you have NNW set up to automatically distinguish quoted text.

MHP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines