• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thank you, John

Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John, for having developed and upheld these timeless and well designed forums in their present form for so long.

When they are lost, swept away by the tide of the current contemporary forum design which will hopefully pass again, some of us shall wish we were back in this golden time.

I am sure you know that those of us not welcoming the changes to be, and what we sincerely see as fundamentally inferior in terms of functionality and efficiency as well as in overall design, are the defenders of your efforts, then and now.

And as you know, the very same we have regularly, as committed forum members, taken the time and effort to try to help improve what were real shortcomings, sometimes possible, sometimes impossible to mend.

And I am sure you know that we appreciate your efforts right now, under the conditions that you know and we do not.

And as you know and we know, those that see us as attackers of progress, and worse, are actually the relentless and incessant attackers of your past and present efforts.

The last part grieves me most.

I wished this to be said before the whole matter is something in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And from here: Have a fun weekend, John. I hope it isn't 72 hours straight. You deserve at least four hours of sleep through the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Don, this is what John posted yesterday about his weeknend in a discussion in the trial forums:

>It should be a fun weekend! Besides the forums launch, I have an art opening at a local restaurant/gallery on Friday night. And I'm photographing 7 or 8 shows in a music/varieté/vaudeville festival I've worked with for the past 6 years. And I hope to get a few minutes of sleep here and there.

I am copying and pasting what he wrote, and not giving the URL to his post, because everything posted in the trial forums will disappear in a few hours. And I think his words about what he expects about this weekend deserve to be widely known.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines