• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The abyss is moving closer

Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those having failed to notice the announcement at the top of this forum, have a look here: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c637/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this really sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ewwwwww no NNTP support. I don't suppose complaining about it will do much.
Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They said email will be easier and RSS will be an option, if I remember. Anyone working with RSS feeds from other places that might be able to do a bit of a compare and contrast to how it might be for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you can work completely from email, I have to think that you'd have to manually set up filters if you wanted to sort posts out into various forum folders. Tho it would be possible, it would be somewhat of a pain to have to do so, compared to NNTP... and I'm not sure at all that you could set it up to be threaded. If someone knows more or differently than that, please share. I've done quite of bit of filtering (using Outlook) before, and I've occasionally used NNTP, but I've not done both for the same forums so this is kind of a new ball game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I want the forums in my email? I have enough things to sort
out of there as it is. I tried the rss feed for photoshop news, but it
just seems like a bunch of ads, which you can't reply to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I worked for one forum, I got a copy of every post in my email. Since the subject line had keywords in it, it was actually fairly easy to have the program automatically sort posts into folders for each area.

The new forums are supposed to have similar keywords, so it should be possible to do the same, in Outlook at least. My grumble is having to set it up, which you don't have to do with NNTP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a shared email at work, and I wouldn't want forum messages
clogging up the email. The loss of functionality from the NTTP site
would be immense. you would have to filter each new subject into a new
folder to get anything resembling a thread, and then you couldn't switch
between thread view and lastest post. lots of work for less functionality.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use NTTP at although I did set it up in SeaMonkey a few months ago to answer some replies. I had to turn of my sig file I subscribe to two or three list through the webxx system which notifies me of only messages that have receive replies in my email box. the I click on the link, since I use SeaMonkey (which is the all in one version of Mozilla (equivalent to FF/TB combined) I just pop to the web page for the message on the Webxx system.

Easy as falling off a log. and recently comes in almost instantaneously . In the past when the had some uoutdated software and too small Servers , and hadn't feed the hamster enough it was painfully slow. but for several months its been great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pjonesCET wrote:
> I don't use NTTP
Really?!? I would have never guessed.
Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the email features will push many potentially valuable informational threads into private discussions. :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get an email, it will be from the forum, not the poster. When
you reply you'll be replying to the forum.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except of course the private conversations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>When you get an email, it will be from the forum, not the poster. When
you reply you'll be replying to the forum

Ah. Thanks, Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new thread here: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7db68/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well most of the old MM forum users are newsreader folk so I can see no NTTP going over like a lead balloon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Options for NNTP users are under exploration. They won't be left out of the loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this true? I certainly have not gotten that impression from the private
presentation made by John C. or the discussions on the ACE fora.

--
Murray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only options I've seen for NNTP users is RSS or email. Have you seen
anything other than that?
Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

--
Murray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think that the aspects of information from those areas should be discussed there, Murray, but, in general, yes, I think the folks dealing with the issue have been given a lot to consider, as well as some thoughts for ways to work with it.

There will be a public preview for people to help kick tires, but things won't be set up for awhile yet, so everyone can keep breathing for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some suggestions... too soon to know what will pan out, and the folks there and then didn't have time to explore. But I was seeing light bulbs going off over people's heads. Need to give them a bit of time to sort through ideas first tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody got impatient 😉 Chaos rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Encore forum seems to have turned off cookies

I have to log in every time I visit, and every click pops up a message asking if I want to display secure and non-secure items

As Kath said... Chaos

Sigh... this time it was supposed to be a different team of programmers doing the switch... if so, they were clearly taught by the previous team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All serene here! B)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines