• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The "ins" and "outs" of Inbox

Community Expert ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a control over Inbox where every read comment will be reflected as read in the specific community thread listed under "Content"?

As I realised today, if I have read a contribution to a specific thread in a Forum and switch over to my Inbox, that is always open in another browser tab, that comment if also listed there is also marked as "read". That's ok.

But not the other way around. That is making the Inbox less useful. Not to say useless.

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another new "feature" is that Jive7 is oriented toward social networking... so every time you start or reply you are automatically added to a FOLLOW list... meaning you receive a notification of every subsequent message in that thread

Click the FOLLOW link at the upper right and select STOP FOLLOWING... and don't click the link again to check your status, as you will then be added to the CONNECTIONS STREAM and you will have to uncheck that option as well

And, after you post in a message thread and select Stop Following, you need to do it all again the next time you add a reply to the same message thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John – err? What do you say? Sorry, but I can't follow  😉

Thank you for your answer. Really. But:
Where exactly should I click the FOLLOW link and select STOP FOLLOWING ? From my Inbox? From a specific Thread? In list view? Sorry. But I'm really confused here…

Can you explain that step by step with screenshots?

What I like to do is:
Sometimes answer contributions (questions) in the Forums (e.g. InDesign), and sometimes answer them in my Inbox. After answering them in the Inbox, the thread should be marked as "Read" until a new contribution is coming in. Also marked as "Read" in the List View of my specific Forum I am posting and answering. Best would be answered "Read" everywhere this specific thread is listed or popped up until a new contribution is made. Hm. Does that sound reasonable?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

When you have just posted, at the top right of your screen (you may need to scroll) it says Follow in. One option is Inbox, and it is ticked by default. You need to untick it, or get a notification for each new post in that thread.

I have made escape posts in a few threads, just to get rid of the notifications.

But if you actively use the Inbox as a quick means to new see posts and post back in the threads you are enganged with, the notification is crucial, of course. It may be the quickest way to follow up.

That said, it seems silly that it is not reflected in the actual forum. Especially if you work both ways, using the Inbox for follow up and the forum for looking at new threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jacob!

I still struggling with the controls. Finally decided to follow no-one, but a few persons.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Uwe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines