• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Today's Pet Peeve Jive Forum Bug

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the long series of things we all live with and tend to overlook...

Not only does the editor insert newlines and force the cursor to the end of the line once in most messages, but sometimes it loses edits.

For example, make a post, see a typo, go back to edit, make the change very quickly, then repost.

If you're quick about it, the change is likely lost.  The more coffee, the more likely.

I think it may be that you have to edit a post for a certain amount of time before the edit is accepted, but I'm not completely sure.  Maybe this is the same amount of time that normally elapses before the newline/end-of-line thing.  Maybe this is some kind of misguided security feature or protection against double posting - I don't know, but it's damned irritating to have to do things twice!

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I have had to reedit twice, amounting todoing things thrice; I try to remember always to copy the edit before updating the post.

I mentioned this issue in the Joke of the Day thread the first time I tried it. http://forums.adobe.com/message/3599523#3599523

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Until very recently, I had not encountered the Edit Bug, but have now experienced it twice, though before Read Tracking came back. Now I know what others have been complaining about. Guess that I need to do my edits, BEFORE I post, or maybe be slower about doing the corrections.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines