• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to change password...

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I log into adobe with my adobe ID and password to change my password. I go into account details and change password where it asks for current password and new password and the new password retyped. however i annoyingly get incorrect current password. i just logged into adobe with my Adobe ID and password that you now say is incorrect. I've tried multiple times and even copy and pasted form same source into both login field and current password field (so identical) and still no joy. Logs into account okay, but cannot change password because current password is incorrect.

Stupid.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Creative Cloud app or the forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to reset mine via the website and had a lot of difficulty with the requirement to not use letters that are in your email address.

This is a really dumb rule.  If anything it's actually less secure if the bad actor knows your email, which would probably be available in a database compromise, as they would be able to limit the character set used to generate random passwords to brute force the login.

Beyond that it's incredibly frustrating as people can have emails containing many characters and to limit specifically based on characters used and not some sort of regular expression to see if entire portions of the email are used, i.e. before the @, doesn't make any sense to me.

Did you guys let the interns vote on a rule or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines