• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Um, Why the Heck is my Last Name being displayed, as opposed to my Screen Name, and why can I not fix this?

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the above describes my question well enough. In my profile, I did list a Screen Name.

Also, I am quite sure, in the past, I was listed as Brian of SummaeStudios. This somehow changed without my knowledge or consent.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Hi,

It is only you that see your actual name because you are logged in. We see your name as Brian of SummaeStudios. It is a quirk of this Jive software.

If you want to see what we see, then log out and then have a look at the thread.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is only you that see your actual name because you are logged in. We see your name as Brian of SummaeStudios. It is a quirk of this Jive software.

If you want to see what we see, then log out and then have a look at the thread.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Little_Pale_Face for the quick, succinct, correct reply. At some point in the past, it did not work this way, so that is what caused my confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point in the past, it did not work this way, so that is what caused my confusion.

Changed about 12 months ago I believe.

Long discussion on it here:

Real name instead of Screen name displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info @John_Waller. As a visual artist, I am perceptive enough that it only took me one year to notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines