Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to log into forums using IE9 with Protected Mode

New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After a few hours of messing around trying to figure out why I couldnt log into these forums with IE9, but could with Chrome, I found that when I deselected "Enable Protected Mode" in my Security tab in Internet options, I was able to log in no problem.

I was wondering what option in Protected Mode might be conflicting with allowing me to sign into these forums. I can't post anything if I have that selected either.

I dont mind too much having it off for adobe, but I am curious what might be causing it.

Thank you for your help.

Edit: I found that adding www.adobe.com and forums.adobe.com to my trusted sites list fixes the issue and allows me to have enable protected mode selected still.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating your question. I didn't have an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizzaroworldmime wrote:

I found that adding www.adobe.com and forums.adobe.com to my trusted sites list fixes the issue and allows me to have enable protected mode selected still.

For what it's worth, that's exactly what I do too.  I haven't tried it in Protected Mode.

But doesn't this say that the web software at Adobe should be tested in more different configurations?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point I have no idea if the issue is with the forums or with Adobe.com. The login and registration stuff is at Adobe, not at Jive. Can you sign into your account at http://www.adobe.com with the same issues/results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines