• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Date Pool ???

Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to Jive 4.5.6 is schedule for "sometime" this month... anyone want to bet on when?

I pick the last week, 9-25 thru 9-30

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

The forums are working today September 18, Chile´s National Day. If I didn't predict the date 100% accurately, at least I was the closest by far. So, when do I get my prize?

Congrats, JC&Co. At least, until I try how things are working...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but for what year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but for what year?

Ouch! That hurt...

OK, I say September 15, 2011. I'll be in the air, so any forum downtime should not affect me too much?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still voting for Chile's Independence Day: September 18 (this year!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are all close.

Sorry about the radio silence, but as any of you who have been around here for a while know, any time I try to give an advance heads-up on forum updates something happens.

But righ now I'm at the 92% certain level that we will be updated over this next weekend. We haven't had the go/no-go meeting yet, but a major issue (that revolves around the ghost account issues we've all come to know and love) seems to be finally fixed this afternoon.

So, with that said, we're pushing to take the forums down on Friday evening, September 16, at 6pm Pacific time. I expect the copying of the database to new servers to take 12-18 hours. Then some behind the scenes clean up work, and some sleep, and we should be back online some time on Sunday.

The upgrade will be from the current Jive 2.5.16 to 4.5.6.3 (lots of dots in there!). Don't expect major function changes, but we are looking forward to better stability, faster performance, fixed text editor. The main page of each forum space will be different, making use of the tabs, which should make the forum breadcrumb trails make more sense. Some of this will take some getting used to. Handling of forum subscriptions will be a little different, too. Hoping that it will be easier for people to manage their subscriptions.The ghost account issue should be fixed (fingers crossed).

Search should be better. Can't say yet if it will be as good as Google. But you will be able to select to search the entire site or just the location you are in when searching (which includes subforums of the current forum).

There may be some inconsistencies between various forums on Sunday, as we are going to try to minimize down time. But we should get that all straightened out quickly.

Links in messages should be set to "no-follow" to help dissuade people from link spamming.

If overnight testing goes OK, I'll post a more formal announcement on Tuesday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John and team. We are all keeping our fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Friday evening, September 16, at 6pm Pacific time

No change notice posted... so looks like the forums go dark later today

Hopefully, everything will work right the 1st time, so by Sunday we will have a search that works and an editor that does not insert random line breaks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Still on track to go dark around 6pm Pacific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2011 Sep 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that Claudio wins this one. We were scheduled to be back online on the 18th, but the upgrade ran faster than anticipated and we're online on the 17th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats, John! It's nice when it goes more smoothly than expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you here via the web or via email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Are you here via the web or via email?

I am via the web!!!

The forum still does not show the latest post at the top of the list.  I cannot find the button to reverse the sort order.  Perhaps you can sort this out before Monday!

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this thread (Update Date Pool) as the first item on all three tabs (overview, all, discussions). Which tab(s) are wrong for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to be in the thread itself   for example when I click on the thread, I would like to see the latest post at the top so that this one to be at the top:

<http://tinyurl.com/65lcy4a>

We have also lost the ability to insert code in plain text.   There are very few buttons in the editor window.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the inline editor (at the bottom of the page)? Or the Advanced Editor (opens in a new page).

I don't think we've ever had the option to put the latest reply at the top of the thread, it has always been reverse chronological order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we're at it, any chance of:

1. Getting back attachments
  2. It's always sort of bugged me that it's impossible to find the InDesign forum from the top-level page (http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa). Like, Photoshop gets two (one for elements). Seems kind of unfair, especially since the InDesign forum here is so excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Are you using the inline editor (at the bottom of the page)? Or the Advanced Editor (opens in a new page).

I don't think we've ever had the option to put the latest reply at the top of the thread, it has always been reverse chronological order.

I guess I am using the inline editor.  For example this is what I see in the thread:

2011-09-17_2304.png

What I prefer is the latest message to be at the top.  I think this is called top posting in the old newsgroup terminology.  This means the above list to be reversed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JTANNA:

What I prefer is the latest message to be at the top.  I think this is called top posting in the old newsgroup terminology.  This means the above list to be reversed.

It is not called that, no. "Top posting" is the practice of replying to an email thread with the response (often brief) at the top, and the entire remaining message quoted below, as part of your message. (Again: quoted)

Those who use the term typically use it negatively, as something to be avoided, though what is appropriate depends very much on the forum. See the wikipedia article for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style.

Viewing a thread in reverse chronological order is something else entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. The above was via the web, but I just sent an email reply and it didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a bounce-back or an error? Or just not show up? I just sent an email reply, waiting to see if it shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No bounces, just waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

I'll compile a list of issues that we can look at on Monday morning.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got back from an errand day and clicked to see if the "we're working on it" page had changed to show a count down clock... and it's all back !!!

Great job, and in less than 24 hours!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying a reply via email...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above post of mine was web -- this one is email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines