Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Forums and Adobe

May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I participated in the CS6 beta forum, and I can say it was a delightful experience.  While there was the usual roster of knowledgeable responders from the user public but there was also a high presence of Adobe personnel that were very familiar with the inner workings of the program.

Questions were answered quickly and where an answer was not known the question was routed to someone in Adobe that would investigate and respond.  I realize this was their job, as a beta testing platform, and they could not afford to run User Forums this way.

In some forums these is a resident expert, that has knowledge of how the program is built, that pops in frequently to handle the tougher questions.  Chris Cox in Photoshop and Jeff Schewe in Camera Raw forums are two shining examples I am familiar with.  Perhaps other Forums have "experts" as well.

I don't know how many forums have a "go to" expert.  It would be a great help to the Users and Adobe if the top responders had a contact to get extra help on the 2% of the questions that just hit the wall with no apparent User offered solutions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd Kopriva participates @Premiere Pro... and sometimes calls in other PPro staff to answer specific questions

I have no idea if anyone there has a direct email link to Todd (besides, of course, the usual option of sending a private note via the forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too long ago we had Teri Pettit in the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines