Users stuck in a loop, unable to log in at all

Guide ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received this email from Kath H:

Hello Ramón, sorry to intrude but I see you are posting in Forum 
Comments.

Could you please let someone know that a number of us are currently unable to log in - we are stuck in a constant loop.

Thank you.

Kath

And another one:

... my email notifications have also stopped.

Kath

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, I am in now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here. Could not log in all morning. Bang, suddenly I'm in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks Ramón and whoever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been stuck in this loop where I cannot log in, It wont recognize my email and password on Photoshop.com website via Explorer or via the Elements 7 programs. It says my email is not in the system when I try to click on the forgot password ,  and it says email not in our syste, when I try and create a new ID with my current email it then says this email already used by Adobe. Chatted with support.. no help recommended to post here.. so I am.. Im currently logged into Adobe with my same email and password, so thats valid here, but looped out at photoshop.com where I at one time had pictures already posted?? This has been going on for over a week now.. ANy ideas..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you supposed to use the same ID and password as here? I just went there for the 1st time ever, signed in with my usual Adobe ID and password, was sent an email to verify me, clicked on the link in the email and got this:

screenshot_01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was suddenly logged out and got stuck in the never-ending redirect loop.

Looks like someone intervened.  Thank you very much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like these Jive A$$ forums were jiving around again.... couldn't log in (and i think it applies to anyone who had to log in afresh) for definitely more than six hours. Suddenly, in again and without having to log in...

This is probably all in anticipation of tomorrow's great 'Forums Update' <sfx>drum roll and trumpets</sfx>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

This is probably all in anticipation of tomorrow's great 'Forums Update' <sfx>drum roll and trumpets</sfx>

The message says:

"The outage should only last 15 minutes or less."

Well, today's "fanfare" lasted over 6 hours!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

The message says:

"The outage should only last 15 minutes or less."

Well, today's "fanfare" lasted over 6 hours!

Yup... Dress Rehearsal. Six plus hours today. 15 minutes or less tomorrow.

They're not the Jive A$$ Forums for nothing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

…Jive A$$ forums…

Watch out!  Someone got censored and had a whole post deleted for typing half a-- in the same fashion you just did.

(Of course, some Trottel must have pushed the Report Abuse button.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Watch out!  Someone got censored and had a whole post deleted for typing half a-- in the same fashion you just did.

(Of course, some Trottel must have pushed the Report Abuse button.)

Thanks for the Heads Up, but i, of course, mean Jive ACE...  It's just that i felt if i used the word ACE, in connection with Jive,  folks here might think i'm being sycophantic... and / or i might get stoned. Not, unfortunately the weedy kind... more the rocky one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

There was a networking change implemented at Jive's data center that affected users' ability to login, which caused the login loop that many of you saw as well as delays in outbound emails. They estimated that this was resolved at 3:30am PST. This had nothing to do with our scheduled downtime tomorrow.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep on being kicked out again and again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i've been saying.... Jive's a jiving!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night was absolutely bizarre!

Over a period of a couple of hours I kept trying to log in.  Each time the dialog would appear and I would enter my password.  Then, the login system went into a loop.  Here is a sample showing the sequence of URLs involved.  The window title (Os X, Safari) kept showing "Redirecting...".

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=ca&returnurl=http://forums.adobe.com/login.jspa&loc=en

(Redirecting)

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=ca&returnurl=http://forums.adobe.com/login.jsp...

Back to

http://forums.adobe.com/login.jspa

...and looping between the following URLs...

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=ca&returnurl=http://forums.adobe.com/login.jspa&loc=en

At times, the second URL would contain hex-encoded characters (%20, for example).

This morning it look over a minute to get to the main index page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samr thing here. I finally got in this morning although it was a little slow getting here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines