• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We were down?

Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About an hour and a half ago, I was unable to get into the forums.

Below is a screenshot of what it looked like (Illustrator).

I tried ticking New>Discussion (in the strange appearance of this forum), but the everything remained the same, although there seemed to be a link.

I wondered whether this was the great upgrade, but obviously not.

Were we (plural) down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was down between the hours of 22:00 and 23:00 GMT (Wednesday, London time) and I gave up after that.  So I don't know when did these forums come live.  I logged in now to find out from Claudio or Noel but it seems they haven't had any problems thus far!.

It is now 02:00 hrs (Thusday Morning) and it is live now - of course I can post now.  My email post earlier today did not go through!

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not aware of any downtime. The screen shot looks like the stylesheet for the page didn't load. That could be an issue at Adobe.com, and not in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John (or is it Todd?).

It seems that this was a hit on targeted victims, then.

And I thought I had been good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirming:  I didn't see any failures like that here.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so you are one of the good ones, Noel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I didn't notice the slowdowns you mention, but then, on checking your times, it seems I wasn't at my computers when you report they happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is good, but at the same time it is a pity, because now we shall never know whether you were a target too.

We could have been closer to knowing the reason for the hit. As far as I remember, DWILCOX01 has never posted in Still no supervision in the French and Spanish Forums thread, so it may not be related to my/our participating in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the problem persist for a long while?

None of us works the forums so continuously that we would certainly notice even a 10 minute system-wide hit.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of us works the forums so continuously that we would certainly notice even a 10 minute system-wide hit.

Speak for yourself Noel...

I think that the GMT differences might be the real cause for a lack of observation.

Now, not all THAT long after the initial post, I detected some slowdowns with the Adobe Forums. Cannot say how broad reaching they might have been, as all of my time then was spent in the various Premiere forums and sub-forums. These were not too bad, and did not result in any errors - just some very slow page loading. As the day (or maybe it was night?) progressed, things sped back up to "normal," which is never all THAT quick, but adequate.

Just some observations from -8 GMT,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still some problems with the servers.  I am receiving emails that shows something like this:

adobe_problems_01.png

Look at Claudio's messages - they all look jumbled up.  You might think it is from a spammer. It is about one week now this has been happening so something has definitely gone amiss.

I am using TB to download my messages from Yahoo free email account.  The above picture is from TB.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This picture gives you the time of these messages:

adobe_problems_02.png

Only the messages from some people are jumbled up.  Mainly claudio's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, systems capable only of understanding characters from the normal English alphabet are not unknown to me. Therefore, it doesn't surprise me to see "=3Flez?" instead of the "á" in "González". But the initial "=?ANSI-X341968?Q?", and the "_" between the final "o" of my first name and the initial "G" of my second name do baffle me -they come much before the offending "á".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I can understand about the language differences and character set used but this was not the case prior ot 14th June 2011 as can be seen from this picture:

adobe_problems_04.png

Something must have changed between 13th June and 14th June.  In the above picture, your name is quite clear.  I haven't changed anything on my system and if people are still interested, I can produce the picture as seen on Yahoo website where my emails are stored.  I use IMAP configuration so all the emails are still on the Yahoo servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I only access the forums through browsers, so I cannot be of any help here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something must have changed between 13th June and 14th June.

You can't blame me for this one, 'cause I was in the air to/from San Francisco. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

You can't blame me for this one, 'cause I was in the air to/from San Francisco. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Hunt

The exact time of this change has been determined to be between the hours of: 01:17 and 15:22 on 14th June 2011.  The times are all GMTs so you have to adjust them to make any sense of them.  I came to this conclusion by taking Claudio's two messages - one came out cleanly while the other was garbled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whew! I was over the Grand Canyon at about 35K feet, so have an alibi. Now, where was Claudio at that time?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Whew! I was over the Grand Canyon at about 35K feet, so have an alibi. Now, where was Claudio at that time?

Hunt

For 14 hours?

I was at home all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2011 Jun 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it sure SEEMED like 14 hours. Guess that much of that time was at the Red Carpet Club at SFO, but I did not have my laptop, and the bartender can vouch for me...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest message from Claudio (at 21:12 GMT) came out right on my system.   This suggests that either Adobe engineers have changed something again to put it right or that Claudio has changed the machine to post his latest message.  Either way, the problem is fixed at my end.

This is really not only absurd but funny!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't changed anything at my end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regretfully I have to inform that Caludio's last message

[Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 05:00:59 -0600] was once again garbled.  

Something must have changed once again that we know nothing about.

Why do they tinker with basic configurations that is working properly? 

We shall never know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2011 Jun 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean my last message in the Spam thread, that was posted at 7:00 AM local, which would be 11:00 GMT unless I muddled my counts. And no, I haven't changed anything at my end for some weeks now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2011 Jun 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean my last message in the Spam thread, that was posted at 7:00 AM local, which would be 11:00 GMT unless I muddled my counts. And no, I haven't changed anything at my end for some weeks now.

I was talking about this one:

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/3759841#3759841>

Now also this message is garbled:

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/3761866#3761866>

the times I quote are all from the headers of emails I get from Yahoo.  There is a time difference of 1 hour for reasons that I am not able to explain.  My time zone is correctly set - [GMT +/- 0]  but your time of 11:00 GMT is interpreted as 12:00 GMt at my end.  The second message is timed: 12:20 at my end

Received: from 127.0.0.1  (EHLO mail.sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com) (209.46.39.252)
  by mta1120.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sat, 25 Jun 2011 04:20:42 -0700
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 05:20:37 -0600
From: "=?ANSI_X3.4-1968?Q?Claudio_Gonz=3Flez?=" <forums@adobe.com>

I can see the difference in the above italicized extract.  Don't know the answer to this!

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines