• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird (and annoying) two profiles on the one ID.

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2011 Oct 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not used the forums much recently so when I logged in a couple of days ago I didn't worry about the prompt to assign a 'screen name' to my ID. I just thought it was a feature of the upgraded forum.

But then I noticed that my avatar and points were both missing. After a bit of trial and error (much logging out and logging in !) I realised that I have two different screen names assigned to my one ID. My original (nealeh) and the new (Neale_in_the_UK). Both are linked to the same email address.

Hopefully the following two screen dumps highlight my problem. Please would you delete the 'Neale_in_the_UK' keeping just the 'nealeh' with the avatar and points.

The one to keep please:

1.png

The one to delete please:

2.png

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2011 Oct 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neale,

John will probably be here on Monday to sort it out. Sooner if you are lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t see that happen before. I don’t know if the issue of the duplication is on the Adobe side or Jive side. I’ve deleted the “in the uk” account from Jive. But if the issue is at Adobe, the account may get re-created when you sign in again. Do you have the same password on both accounts? Just wondering how it differentiated between the two during your trial and error session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what is most strange - I always sign-in as nealeh using the same parameters (I use roboform to connect and fill in the sign-in screen so it is always identical). I never did detect a pattern as to whether it connected me as 'nealeh' or 'neale_in_the_uk'.

Still, since you deleted the 'in_the_uk' name, all seems back to normal.

Thanks,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have two Adobe IDs. One is an old one that is your name and the other is a newer one that is your email address. If you sign into forums using nealeh and password it should work correctly. But if you sign in using your email address, instead, you will create a new forum account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines