• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to my display name?

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a display name specified, but after today's forum downtime, my posts only display my original login name.

Anyone else seeing the same...?

P.S. yes, I see that 'jochemd' is now only 'jochemd'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out what is going on. As soon as you log in your profile settings are partially reset. At the very least your "Last Name" is set to "Hide", not sure which other profile settings are reset when you log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum...

New username, posts deleted...One has to wonder if you were banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New username, posts deleted...One has to wonder if you were banned.

First, congratulations on post 1,000!

Now, it appears that many/most of my recent posts are still up in the product fora. Have not checked them all, but the ones that I recall seem to still be up.

Now, after I got things back about mid-afternoon, during my session, and just between posts, I got flipped to my "evil twin." Those still seem to be up too. At least it will give the newbies something to think about - two personae replying to the same thread and with the same questions/comments. Let them figure that one out.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem, maybe the effects I have been reporting will disappear when I have to log in again. However, it worries me to see this in the meantime in my profile:

casilla.jpg

I have hidden most of the garbage appearing as my email address in this second (and I hope temporary) identity I have been given, just in case there is some relationship between that garbage and my real address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem: just curious - how did you get your full name display back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They fixed that bug night before last.  All he had do was set the forum preference in mystuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

They fixed that bug night before last.  All he had do was set the forum preference in mystuff.

Thank you; I found it in the Forum Profile (not Preferences).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 05, 2009 Dec 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry left out a step should've been: MyStuff > Personal Profile > Forum Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preferences issue was fixed Wednesday. Will update the status list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

The preferences issue was fixed Wednesday. Will update the status list.

Email seems to be fixed now, too, in case you didn't already know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While email is being sent out from the forums, there is an issue right now with emails TO the forum (message posts) being lost. It is being investigated.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My email address appears to be hosed, so I'm not getting any notifications. I'm trying to figure that one out now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My email address appears to be hosed

I had noticed the same. It was just a series of random characters, without any POP syntax.

I have not checked lately, but feel that it's still probably hosed. At least that will cut down on requests for help from people, who are afraid of the fora. Heck, I get enough e-mail already.

Oh, I just hope that my e-mail notifications have not been reset!!! I'd better go and check on that, as I only have a 20GB mailbox on Cox.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a display name specified, but after today's forum downtime, my posts only display my original login name.

Look in the mirror. I thought I was the same person, who went to bed last night (except for a few bags under my eyes), but Adobe thought I was someone else! At least my wife and my dog recognized me.

It has happened to many. At least I got my screen name back, but have lost my Adobe registrations. Maybe they'll wash up on shore in Jersy sometime soon.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird...

I am still logged in here after some 48 hours.

Then I went to check my Adobe profile; I had to login again.  My display name was still there: 'ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ'.

However, here at the forums my name displays as 'pwillener'.  I wonder why - do I also have two IDs?

This may not seem like a big deal, but somehow it is.  Over at the product forums, people don't recognize me any more.  People searching for my posts (being near impossible anyway) can't find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

I am still logged in here after some 48 hours.

That was the main point of the forums update.

Then I went to check my Adobe profile; I had to login again.

Your forums login now outlives your Adobe login.

However, here at the forums my name displays as 'pwillener'. I wonder why - do I also have two IDs?

No, you are still userID 116319. The forums now display your username instead of your screen name. You can reset that in your forum preferences, but as soon as the forums do a callback to Adobe's SSO portal your settings will be reset and you will be back to your username.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

However, here at the forums my name displays as 'pwillener'.  I wonder why - do I also have two IDs?

No, you are still userID 116319. The forums now display your username instead of your screen name. You can reset that in your forum preferences, but as soon as the forums do a callback to Adobe's SSO portal your settings will be reset and you will be back to your username.

Thank you for the explanation; however, I cannot see where I can change that - I went through everything in 'Your Stuff'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines