• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Happened Today - 12/11/09?

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had several times today, where the Adobe fora went down with a bang.

Next thing I knew, I was getting logged-out with about every three posts. This had not been happening, since I migrated to Google Chrome, which also fixed some issues that seem to be at least semi-IE related.

I've dumped all cookies four times, and there is no let-up to getting logged-out constantly. When this happens, my alter-ego WAH3 shows up, and I have to log-in back at the Adobe.com page, and THEN navigate to the fora. Before today, I was staying logged-in for about 2 days at a time. Now, it's constant, and I keep getting messages that translate to the forum being dead.

Am I the only one, experiencing this, as of today? I see nothing about maintenance, or similar, and worry that now whatever was causing my issues with IE 7 are not manifesting themselves in Chrome.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't had a problem. Yet (knock on wood).

Loged on with no problem at Home. I am now in Virginia Beach , Va at Va Beach Resort hotel and I've logged in twice on their intenet system haven't had problem getting. (come down for an Xmas Party for an Association I belong to. First Time I've been to Va beach since about 1-1/2. Last December my mother had a slight stroke., this summer she had a tusle with an elevator Door in a Hospital  and broke some ribs and messed up her back.  was in Newsing home for three montha and a wekk. Just now getting over it decent. my brother is staying with her so I can come down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Enjoy VA Beach. Been a while, but there was much to like about that area - golf and food for me. Sorry about the events in your life. It's been a bad year for many - glad when 2010 gets here, or so I think.

Refresh my memory. You have not had any log-in issues have you? I know that many in the Southern Hemisphere seem to have been logged-in, since the last scheduled maintenance. You have been too, haven't you? Just curious if there is a pattern on my end. Now, I did give up IE7 and move to Chrome, but I do not think that I will give up the PC, in favor of the Mac, even if I could stay logged-in. Just looking for info. Maybe it's just me, but then maybe not?

Thanks and enjoy!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Chile happens to be in the -Southern hemisphere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still having log in issues or have you got them cleared up yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Have you been able to stay logged-in? Subscribers in OZ and NZ have. I have not seen reports from South America.

Just curious,

Hunt

PS - someday you must share some Chilean wine recs. with me. I have batted almost zero, regardless of the price-points, and that's not right, given the quantity of wines being produced. Totally off-topic, but of interest to me. On good days, my real e-mail is in my Profile. On bad days, it's listed as opzjfoeureljseoreo, which does not make sense to me. For discussion purposes, it's infoAThuntphotoDOTcom. The necessary corrections should be obvious. If not, AT = @ and DOT = .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt,

As I have reported profusely in other threads, I have suffered login problem since the implementation of the trial version of the new forums. Some of my problems have decreased, but they have never disappeared, excepting for my automatic re loggin with a second identity that seems to be gone. On very few ocassions I have stayed logged in for more than 24 hours, but that time period seems to be my normal upper limit. I have been recently told that my case is a very low priority one because it seems to be affecting only me.

Right now, when I I am logged out, I am properly greeted by name on the top line apparently showing that I am still logged in the Store, but I see the Register/login button in the forums. If I click on it, I am taken to the login page. If you are interested in more details, you may take a look at this thread (don't let it's title fool you):

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/533965?tstart=0

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: adding a missing "low" before "priority".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Up until yesterday (Dec. 11, 2009), I thought that I had corrected my log-in problems. At least I was able to stay logged-in in two-day increments. Not bad compared to how things had gotten up until about a month ago. Yesterday was as bad as it had ever been, with me being dumped multiple times. I will state that the random log-outs seemed to disappear by the early evening here in Arizona, USA. Had to log-in this AM, but so far, have stayed logged-in.

Because this, plus the fora going dead, I became concerned and looked for any published maintenance schedule here. When I did not find any, I posted. We'll see how things go today.

Just curious, and praying that things are not starting to slide back to the "bad old days," for me. I rather liked not having to log-in with every other post!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did until the day after the

last changes which fixed the login. But I had to log out then dump all the cookies, for SeaMonkey and Firefox. then log in.

On Safari I had a problem with login sticking. Fixed that by removing the cookies.plist file for Safari. Then I've been able to login.

I was logged in automatically using Camino, Omniweb, Opera, and iCab with no problem and am still logged in if I open any one of thoses browsers. In fact I can any of those browsers at the same time and I will be logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also being logged out every few minutes, regardless of what I do with cookies (delete or not delete them).

I solved my problem of being logged in automatically in my second identity by changing all my data (Adobe ID, screen name, password, email address) in the second one so that there is now nothing in common with the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

I had several times today, where the Adobe fora went down with a bang.

You are posting about a problem occuring today (the 12th of December), yet the date in your thread title is the 11th of December. Please mention exact times in UTC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

I did not contemplate that our non-US subscribers might confuse the date. Should have said Dec. 11, 2009. It was yesterday (now), Dec. 11, 2009, at about 10:00AM Arizona Time (no Daylight Savings for us), that the forum first crashed with "Web site not found," right in the middle of posting. All fora that I tried were in the same state. Adobe.com was still up. After about 10 mins. the fora were back up, and I was logged-out. Logged-in via Adobe.com, and went to the fora again. Still up, and things worked well for about 1 hour (about Noon here), when the fora went down again. Once more in about 10-20 mins. it was back up, and I was logged-out. Logged-in and things went well for about an hour, when I got logged-out. Fora were still up, and logged back in. Got logged-out 2-3 more times, though the fora were still up.

This morning, ~ 5:30AM AZT, I was logged-out, but the fora were up. Logged-in and have been using the fora for ~ half and hour with no problems.

Sorry about the confusion re: the date of the forum crashes. I need to think globally, and be so geo-centric. The outages were yesterday, Dec. 11.

Thanks for looking into this. From the replies, it seems that others did not encounter this behavior, so I have no idea why the fora crashed for me, and several times in the the span of a few hours. As I said, Adobe.com was still up and functioning, along with several other Web-based fora that I went to, so it was likely not an outage with my ISP, Cox Communications.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote on 12/12/2009 2:12 PM:

Should have said Dec. 11, 2009. It was yesterday (now), Dec. 11, 2009, at about 10:00AM Arizona Time (no Daylight Savings for us)

What time is that in UTC? I don't know about your time zone (I don't

expect you to know about mine), so can we please keep it in a Universal

Time?

that the forum first crashed with "Web site not found,"

That is a network or DNS issue. If it happens again, open a command line

and type "pathping forums.adobe.com" and post the results here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My timezone is UTC/GMT -7 Arizona. We do not "celebrate" Daylight Saving Time.

Hope that this helps.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??.

He posted about the problem yesterday. which I made a comment about Yesterday. Yesterday was Dec 11. M time zone is Eastern Standard Time-USA (-05:00 UTC?) same time zone as New York or Washington DC.

Note: ther was about a 6 hr lag between times I first  came to Forum Yesterday morning and again Yesterday afternoon in Virginia Beach, Va.  so Wine _Snob's problem could have ocurred in between those times.

Today is Dec 12,2009 (UTC -05:00?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over here, in the Old World (TST area), where we can see the North Star during the dark hours, at least I have been logged in ever since that maintenance.

And over here, unless under heavy influence from over there, the OP title would suggest a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, today, Dec. 12, 2009, at 06:35AM AZT (Mountain Standard Time now), the fora went down for approximately 5 mins. Adobe.com was up, as was another, but even going to the fora from Adobe.com yielded "Site Not Available," in Google Chrome. It came back up. At 07:02AM AZT the Reply hung and would not open the editing screen on the PrPro forum. I Canceled out, and tried again, and had it work this time. I have not had the Reply screen hang in about a month, and this is the first time, since I went with Chrome.

Odd,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started this thread a week ago, on the 5th: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/534901?tstart=0

That was after a two hour period between 3AM and 5AM PST (between 12AM/PM and 2PM GMT/UTC (1PM and 3PM TST)) where all forums either showed the Not available please try later page or an only partially loaded and locked page. I was not logged out before, during, or after, and all unrelated websites worked normally; I did not try the main Adobe site, and I stayed in FF (3.5.5). When the forums became available again I could not see any postings in that period in any of the six forums that I visit daily.

But the comments in that thread seemed to indicate a rather specific strike, as this one may be; and John Joslin reported one the day before, on the 4th, which I had seen nothing of and no one else had mentioned.

The question is whether there is a pattern in this.

It should be noted that, for the purposes of these forums with their occasional breakdowns of the timespace continuum, UTC is the same as GMT.

PST, the default time used in the forums, is 8 hours less than GMT, or UTC-8 outside the periods with Summer Time, or Daylight Saving Time as it is called over there.

I would suggest our using PST as the reference time because it is the default time in the forums; I have never changed it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PST (UTC/GMT -8) is what we are on part of the year. Then, we stay put, and become MST (UTC/GMT -7). As of the end of Oct., all of my timezone comments have been UTC/GMT -7.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines