• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is happening today with messages being moderated?

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several weeks ago seemingly routine posts were being moderated before being accepted. That was found to be an issue with the Adobe Forums system and supposedly corrected.

Now several weeks later, today the issue has returned in full force (at least with my posts in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.) Involved are routine posts with routine content and links which have no problem history.

Does anyone have any information on how widespread this problem is and if others are running into this problem which is being automatically resolved after a short time (so far) accompanied by an email notification that the moderators have accepted the post.

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My (partial, I am not a Jive expert) understanding is that the anti-spam plugin reads the message count for the original person, and if that person is "new" both their message, and any reply (which contains a link?) is sent to the Moderation room for a human to take a look

The time a message remains in Moderation is variable, depending on how many people with Mod permissions are logged in to the forum at any specific time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T. Smith

Thank you for the reply. Although one can weigh the merits of fighting that what is, I would suggest that the rationale behind that is not reasonable since it is the reply that is getting moderated not the thread post with the original question. The question to Adobe Forums should be why not moderate the thread question before anyone takes the time to reply to it if the critical criteria for thread and posts moderation is how many posts the originator of the thread has.

There is nothing in my posts that are being moderated that has not been posted many times before. They got posted successful before and are getting posted now after taking moderator time to approve them and having the originator of the thread wait.

I would ask Admin reading this thread to reconsider the rationale behind this anti-spam filter set.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the developers foprgot to do their routine maintenance work correctly on these forums yesterday.  As you may know, there was a brief shut down of these forums yesterday to fix these issues:

The purpose of this maintenance is to address a few needs:

·        Update to our AppDB per Jive’s recommendation.

·        Updates to our spam filtering plugin so private messages are no longer flagged for moderation.

They must have over-done it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk

Thanks for your comments on some history on this.

The more I learn about this the more concerned I become from the point of view of the originator of the thread, the responders to the thread, and the moderators. I am hoping that awareness of the issue will bring about a rational and as permanent as possible solution to the satisfaction of all.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am posting a comment from a Forum Administrator, with the link removed since it goes to a restricted Moderator page

This is as expected: see my post asking for feedback here [link removed]

We were able to fix the PM issue, but not the "everyone goes through the filter" issue.

So... when you reply to a "new" user (I personally do not know when a user's message count moves them from new to regular status) your reply is going to go to the Moderation room based not on YOUR message count, but on that of the person who started the message thread

In other words... there is no "fix" for a designed operation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a bizarre measure? What is it trying to accomplish?

I understand moderating new users and suspicious posts from any source (logic based) but I fail to see the benefit of moderating an experienced member's reply just because it is to a new user? If the new members post is already checked. why are they any more likely to post anything moderation worthy to a newbie than rather than anywhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That very question has been asked in the Moderator's forum, with the basic answer being "that is the way the anti-spam plugin works"

That discussion DID result in the information that such a reply is based on the new person's post count AND the presence of links in the reply... so a reply with only text is allowed, but a reply with links (even to Adobe's own pages) is moderated

Not a great situation (when I reply to a new person, and provide information links, my reply goes into moderation and must be approved) but it seems that the anti-spam plugin is like using a hammer to swat a fly... works, but not very delicate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks for the feedback. Guess I will have to suffer it for a while.

Bet the Mods are loving the extra workload!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines