• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is up with Adobe's password requirements

New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to reset my password and the requirements are simply idiotic.

Every combination I wanted to use kept flagging it as 'being in my name or email'

Turns out, you cannot use the letters of your first or last name... anywhere in your password.

qewrtrsgfjkfkj123

through up flags because it contained, somewhere in it, those 2 letters.

Simply ridiculous and im guessing simply due to very lazy code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that you did not ask an actual question, just posted a rant about passwords, but I am going to attempt to answer it anyway. I do not work for Adobe, and passwords are one of the things that drive me nuts (which is why I am a fan of 1Password). I just finished my annual security training for the community college where I teach, and was reminded once again how criminals have gotten more sophisticated at cracking passwords. It's something we live with now, and it's important to have secure passwords.

I will ask you the same question I ask myself when I have password trouble on various sites:

Would you rather be p****d at Adobe (or other companies) when you have to set up a complex password and it takes multiple tries?

Or would you rather be p****d at Adobe (or other companies) when your account gets hacked due to a weak password?

In an ideal world, neither would happen.

Here is one website that talks about secure passwords. Remember that Adobe is one of the companies that has had a breach. Security these days is a serious matter.

http://www.noip.com/blog/2013/12/04/9-easy-ways-choose-safe-secure-password/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just randomly found this and would like to put my tiny two cents in, when you have a name that contains every vowel in the alphabet and contains over 20 letters it makes things kinda difficult to adhere to the requirements to name any letters in your first or last name. So I agree with his rant/question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a different password problem. I have so many passwords that I've found it useful to have a password vault that generates them for me (adhering to whatever arcane criteria the website wants), so I don't actually type them myself. The vault asks "is this OK," I say "yes," and the password's set. That's the procedure I followed when I created the password for my digital signature, so imagine my surprise when my vault entered the password this morning and Adobe told me it was incorrect. I don't see how that's even possible. It can't be a typo since I don't enter the password. I go to the vault, click the entry for my digital signature, and the vault does the rest. I suppose I'm going to have to reset it, but ... well ... WTH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use a password manager, and the last time I had to change my Adobe password was a couple (??? I think, don't remember the actual date) years ago when Adobe was hacked and sent a message to everyone to change their password

So, I have NO idea why you are having problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with these excessive requirements is often its less secure, as you end up having to write down your password somewhere else... Especially frustrating on creative software as this, by the time I come to any creative task im already annoyed at the process of having to reset my password for the 1000th time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines