Just went to post a Reply in the PrElements forum, and got this "info message:"

MOD_Approval_Error.png

I have never seen one of those before.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it appears that the "auto MOD" feature found a bad word, though no malice was intended.

Here is the THREAD, and it was my Reply 2, that got flagged. Seems the the sixth word in the sixth paragraph (starting to sound like the song, Seventh Son), was the one that caused the problem. Would never have thought of that, but John T. Smith pointed it out to me.

When I previously ran afoul of "bad words," the Post was just tucked away, and the message was along the lines of "An error has occurred... " while that post was sent to Adobe-Admin, or others. Things have changed, and at least one does get a hint that something is amiss. I guess that Auto MOD did a good job, and the post DID get uploaded fairly quickly. I now know something new, and also how to chill out, until a human MOD reviews things. Guess that I need to compile a list of "bad words," and try not to use them - dang spammers!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what I thought. Unfortunately, here is a need for some filtering, otherwise, mods would only be cleaning spam all day long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre,

I agree with you. I can see the need (worked in this case) for such, especially how much spam gets posted to the Adobe forums. It did not dawn on me, that I might have used a "forbidden" word, and actually had to re-read my post, to pick up on which one was the trigger.

Going back to the early days of the implementation of the "nanny filter" (love that name!), I got nailed for having used the word "streaming," though in the context of an Export format/delivery method, for Video in PrPro. Adobe-Admin helped me get that post up, and apparently re-worked the filters a bit.

I can imagine many words, that might be common to spam, and will now consider that potential a bit more.

In the first case, authority to post was denied, until John C. fixed things, and I got no such message. Now I know what to look for, and in my case, just wait until a MOD reads the post, and realizes that my choice of words are benign.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the early days of the nanny filter, bucket, as in Paintbucket Tool (Illustrator) was caught up, and many natives complained about the unintelligibility of their posts.

So it was actually just part of a word.

Edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nanny filter or whatever is strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A had a post a few days back where the nanny filter just put xxxxxxx instead of the word.  Word was same one this is used to hold back water for power generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it was spelled exactly like the device to hold water for power generation and is spelled just using 3 letters  The nanny don't know that that spellig is not  profanity. To turn it into profanity ther has to be one additional letter added to the end.

If they want the correct spelling of profane words they need to listen to or watch George Carlin's 7 words that can't be said on TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines