• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What the bleep is going on?

Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fired up Safari. Red logo is back on the right, in the search box.

screenshot_04.jpg

No scroll bars, can't go anywhere (of course I had to log in).

Quit Safari, start Firefox and come back. Log in again. Logo is back on the left, black bar around 'Forums' is gone. White surround is gone. Links are blue. Firefox crashes. Try again. Crashes again. (Logo was on the left though). Firefox never crashes!

Back to Safari. Log in again. Logo is as in the screenshot but at least the scrollbars are back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2009 Jun 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there there jay, we know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

there there jay, we know.

<sigh>Of relief</sigh> For a while i thought maybe it was being taken seriously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true. If your publishing book, Pamphlets, and Brochures Proffesioanlly then you need that $20,000 calibrating equipment. the money you make spend that is chump change.

But for purposes of veiwing this Website so you don't see the Red emblem as Orange. Just use the built in calibration of your computer and adjust accordingly Then save as file you go to when reading the forum . Heck even name it Adobe site profile.  To me the emblem is a bright (new) blood red there no a hint of oranginess to it. As one has said its in the eye of the beholder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

That's true. If your publishing book, Pamphlets, and Brochures Proffesioanlly then you need that $20,000 calibrating equipment.

From Amazon.com

X-Rite EODIS2 Eye-One Display 2 – $194.89

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see John responded already, and my email didn't get here yet...

(You just gotta love the email access to these forums!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I might have exaggerated a tad . That cheap now? I can remember when such equipent were first put on the Market, they were in the thousnads of Dollars. Maybe if I wait long enough I can pick something up for $19.95.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been attributed to many persons, but seems to have its roots in the Bible:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt . -- George Eliot

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.-- Abraham Lincoln (also attr. Confucius)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. -- Bible, 'Proverbs' 17:28.

There are no citations for Lincoln or Twain. I have my doubts about Confucius.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

It's been attributed to many persons, but seems to have its roots in the Bible:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt . -- George Eliot

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.-- Abraham Lincoln (also attr. Confucius)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. -- Bible, 'Proverbs' 17:28.

There are no citations for Lincoln or Twain. I have my doubts about Confucius.

you're forgetting your plato!

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
  - Plato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
  - Plato

No, I don't forget Socrates speaking through Plato.  I thought there were enough representative attributions, and the bible one would seem to predate Socrates anyhow,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

- Plato

No, I don't forget Socrates speaking through Plato.  I thought there were enough representative attributions, and the bible one would seem to predate Socrates anyhow,

gotcha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

…If your publishing book, Pamphlets, and Brochures Proffesioanlly then you need that $20,000 calibrating equipment…

But for purposes of veiwing this Website so you don't see the Red emblem as Orange. Just use …

Why would someone who does not work at a professional level be using this web site intensively and posting regularly?

It boggles the mind —again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

…If your publishing book, Pamphlets, and Brochures Proffesioanlly then you need that $20,000 calibrating equipment…

But for purposes of veiwing this Website so you don't see the Red emblem as Orange. Just use …

Why would someone who does not work at a professional level be using this web site intensively and posting regularly?

It boggles the mind —again.  

One Doesn't have to have Professional Experience to use and have experience with Adobe or Acrobat.

I was webmaster of a Service Organization's website for years almost from the start of web pages Remember Adobe's first venture into Webpage creation?

spinmill.gif

Well I bought and used it until I found out about DreamWeaver. I've  used Acobat as long.

Just because you use something for pay, doesn't mean you don't have experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ,

Monitor calibration hardware is hardly $20,000! You can get one for

under $200...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not in the mood for a hijack so I figured a drive-by would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines