• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What the hell happened with image displays?

Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I’ve noticed images scaled up in forum comments and 8-bit masks for scaled PNGs don’t work in Safari or Firefox. Clearly Adobe’s usual bang-up job of “improving” software is now being applied to the already crappy forums.

[edited for content]

Message was edited by jochemd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and this with an update from Jive 2.5.7 to Jive 2.5.16.  Just think how well the Forum will work by the time we get to version 4.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You gotta wonder why Jive is using version 3.0.8 themselves when

they're selling version 4...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott Falkner wrote on 11/19/2009 10:36 PM:

Lately I’ve noticed images scaled up in forum comments and 8-bit masks for scaled PNGs don’t work in Safari or Firefox.

Links to examples would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Scott Falkner wrote on 11/19/2009 10:36 PM:

Lately I’ve noticed images scaled up in forum comments and 8-bit masks for scaled PNGs don’t work in Safari or Firefox.

Links to examples would help.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2405371#2405371

Edit: Or this image…

Untitled-4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

It appears that you can still attach an image, other than the Attach File in the lower-left of the editing screen. Many, many of us cannot.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

For many, myself included, the little "camera" icon no longer works - at all. I have tried with both JPEG and PNG, and have even scaled down to 40 x 40 pixels. Error! Now, for some, it's still working, but other than one user in NZ, who was logged-in before Black Monday, and is still logged-in, I do not know where the other users are located.

You are not alone. Will not go into other aspects, as they have been covered elsewhere in this forum.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems inserting images with the camera icon (I am located in JP):

komagome.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That blows the Southern Hemisphere theory of mine.

Now, if only the US and Holland could get it back.

Maybe next maintenance project?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VictoriaGail.jpg

This is a picture of my great niece Victoria I am using this is a test of the Camera Button. Moderator may remove after people see that it works. If its too large. Located South Central Virginia, USA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phillip,

Thank you for posting. I guess that many of us just need to keep trying, and maybe it will come back for us too.

Your post is appreciated. Many seem to have, or have gotten back, the camera icon. I guess that Arizona is just down the list - but I have hopes not.

Hunt

PS - cute niece BTW. I think that Uncle Phillip will be ready to spoil her! Not having children, our neices and nephews ended up being surrogate children, though none has ever complained!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines