Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I don't get any replies to a question

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no one answers my question after 3 or 4 days does it mean:

1). I'm expecting help to come too quickly?

2.) No one on the forum knows the answer? 

3) My question insults the intelligence of the community?

4) I'm on the wrong forum community?

Really stuck and need help bad. Can I repost without being a pest?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

To: MichelBParis

Thank you "again" for your help in understanding PE. You put me on the right track several months ago and I've adopted your suggestion in working with custom layout and individual pages so I can rearrange them without having to deal with memory and storage issues.  In this case it was as you thought--I reset my preferences and that solved my problem with resizing.

EAS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mother3941  wrote

If no one answers my question after 3 or 4 days does it mean:

1). I'm expecting help to come too quickly?

2.) No one on the forum knows the answer? 

3) My question insults the intelligence of the community?

4) I'm on the wrong forum community?

Really stuck and need help bad. Can I repost without being a pest?

Thanks.

You have received a suggestion from Jeff Arola.

1) Help comes when someone in the community has something useful to offer (not only solutions, but necessary questions), if the time zone permits, if they feel inclined to help (depends on the tone of the OP)...

2) Very frequenly no one knows. Yes, there are competent members in many areas, and I can't imagine them not to answer if they feel they can help. For instance, I don't know anything about Macs, I don't do face recognition, geotagging and I create my books layout manually.

3) and 4) seriously?

What people don't realize is that frequently the issue is related to their own setup, software and hardware and they are wrong in thinking that everybody has the same problem.

I think that Jeff has given the first necessary answer. Resettings the preferences is a frequent empirical solution when some commands behave badly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP is referring to this question, Michel.

Can you create a photo book without using the Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, John, I had found the previous question to which Jeff has answered in the meantime. Unfortunately I don't use the guided edit to make photobooks, I only use my own custom layouts. The described symptoms are rather typical of preferences corruption, but they may be specific to Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. Thanks Michel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To: MichelBParis

Thank you "again" for your help in understanding PE. You put me on the right track several months ago and I've adopted your suggestion in working with custom layout and individual pages so I can rearrange them without having to deal with memory and storage issues.  In this case it was as you thought--I reset my preferences and that solved my problem with resizing.

EAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines