Exit

Where are the email digests?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the email digests?

Or aren't there any any more?

Or am I just not understanding how to get a digest from a particular forum?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do bring back email digests ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From all the comments I've gathered here and a number of other threads;

it appears this functionality is simply not going to

happen. Part of the problem, apparently, was in the adoption of the

ClearSpace platform where the digest function was removed - at least

that's what I've been led to believe from the plethora of conversations

we've had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laszloacs wrote:

From all the comments I've gathered here and a number of other threads;

it appears this email digests functionality is simply not going to

happen.  Part of the problem, apparently, was in the adoption of the

ClearSpace platform where the digest function was removed - at least

that's what I've been led to believe from the plethora of conversations

we've had.

Can you point us to the comments that say this is not going to happen?  An early post in this thread, John added it to a wish list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not gonna make any presumptuous announcements attesting to arcane powers used to gain knowledge about the why and wherefore reasons there is no DIGEST function in this forum Adobe adopted. There is no ONE thread... This thread is one in which I posted while doing research after getting frustrated with the plethora of emails flooding my email client - even after changing all the rules and getting more and more frustrated with the loss of functionality I had gotten SO used to. I spent some time searching for a solution and eventually decided my best solution was to simply close my subscriptions and stop the madness.

On another forum, after I made a couple of posts of my findings from the "Jive Software Forums" on Jive's website, another user wrote of his own digging into the digest functionality of this software adopted by the all-powerful Adobe (said with a sarcastic tone). See: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1928474#1928474

Then peruse that thread for more a little more info - or embark on your own adventure into Jive's ClearSpace (Google it...) and report on findings, write a blog and post a link

Eventually, after quite some time and fruitless (depending on how you define fruity) effort; you may come to agree with my assertion made in my previous post. To wit, "... it appears this /email digests functionality is simply not going to happen."

G'day mate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link.  To keep the bottom line here as well, the other thread contains this response on 4/29/09 from John Cornicello, who put digest on a wish list above.  John says, "I just checked in with Jive about email digests. Here is my question and their repsonse:"

Instead of just individual email notifications, are email digests available in Jive Clearspace? I seem to recall that they were in Jive Forums. But I have not seen this option in Clearspace. Curious...

Thanks!

John

Hey John,

Unfortunately, nothing like this exists in Clearspace. I believe they were removed from the codebase when Clearspace was being built for technical reasons.

John, is that the bottom line?  A pretty lame reason for not adding digests back to their system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines