• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are we?

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Firefox/Mac, I entered this forum as usual by using my bookmark. To my surprise, I was not greeted by the Adobe logo, but by the clearspace one:

del Portapapeles.jpg

Same thing when I changed to Safari. Hoping this could be a change for the better, I went to the bottom of the page, but was disappointed to find we are STILL using version 2.5.16 of the software.

I then I moved to my Win machine, and this is what I got there both in Explorer and Safari (Win 7):

Adobe.JPG

So I am more than a bit disconcerted as to where we really are. And as to what is happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

It was a server issue. But it is also possible that someone's browser has cached the bad styles. So clearing cache should help anyone who is still seeing the Clearspace banner instead of the Adobe banner.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using IE in both cases, when I first logged in, got the clearspace screen like you did, but back to normal now. Odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change over here. Still getting the Adobe logo in Win 7 (Explorer and  Safari), and the clearspace one in my Mac (Firefox and Safari). And I  have also noticed that the logos in my bookmarks in my Mac have also  changed (Firefox and Safari):

Portapapeles2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time (third time on forum this morning) I have the clearspaceâ„¢ thingie back. Wonder what it will be next time?

(I closed IE in each case before coming back to forum.)

[Update: Closed out, came back: new screen. Closed out, came back: old screen. Closed out, came back: new screen. I see a pattern!]

How wonderfully quirky! Is it a feature??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the Clearspace Community page also, and it extends all the way across my screen. Was not this way last night.

The normal Adobe headers are gone.

Breadcrumb at bottom gone also.

Firefox, Win7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I responded in another thread:

Throwing out ALL Adobe.com cookies solved the problems for me...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

Like I responded in another thread:

Throwing out ALL Adobe.com cookies solved the problems for me...

Harbs

And what would the "problems" be? I gain a lot of vertical space in the clearspace version of the forums that I gain in my Mac; apart from the difference in the looks of both versions, I haven't noticed any other difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have the breadcrumb DISCUSSION at the bottom?  I don't.

Also, still have the 2#%^_ unwanted line breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see it in Safari/Win 7. Not there in Explorer/Win 7, Firefox/Mac, or Safari/Mac.

But I got back the "Reply to original post" button that wasn't there earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

And what would the "problems" be? I gain a lot of vertical space in the clearspace version of the forums that I gain in my Mac; apart from the difference in the looks of both versions, I haven't noticed any other difference.

For a lot of us, when the Clearspace header pops up, we are signed out and unable to sign back in. I even tried going to the Adobe site, signing in there (worked fine), then coming back here; and again it didn't recognize my sign in, or even the fact that, when I went back to the main Adobe site, according to it, I was still logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few failed attempts to upload, I now see the Clearspace heading in FF, and the same in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting it on everything both Mac and Win now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And after I visit a forum, the Adobe favicon is replaced by the Clearspace favicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearspace community gone right now. I'm getting the usual Adobe pages in all 4 combinations of browser/OS I use. I wonder for how long will this last, and if we will ever know what happened and why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now after not changing anything I am back to the

old Adobe header page.

What gives anyway Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe was possibly experiencing some server issues.

When you think about it, if you changed nothing and it's back to normal now, the server issues are about all that's left to consider!

I think all the restarts and cookie clearing was probably just a red herring. Just my own speculations though.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a server issue. But it is also possible that someone's browser has cached the bad styles. So clearing cache should help anyone who is still seeing the Clearspace banner instead of the Adobe banner.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John (it is John, isn't it?), you get the points.

However, it was nice gaining some vertical screen space, allowing one to see more thread titles without scrolling down...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

However, it was nice gaining some vertical screen space, allowing one to see more thread titles without scrolling down...

If you have Stylish installed, you can use this style to get rid of the black box on top (I use it, but I don't remember who wrote it) :

/*************************************************************/
/*** Adobe Jive Forums -  Hide white-on-black Forum button ***/
/*************************************************************/
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document domain("forums.adobe.com") {
  #adobe-header-forums-breadcrumb {
     display:none;
  }
}

HTH,

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe-admin wrote:

Thanks!

I first Thought Jive Clearspace had bought out Adobe. Gee what a depressing thought. Since I keep hearing Micrsoft  is try buyout Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier this morning it seemed as though the style of the page toggled whenever

I closed IE & then came back; it was consistent for about 8 trials (4 se

ts of 2), but now the old page is back seemingly consistently.

Someone somewhere is done a fine, professional, job of running these forums, I must say!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines