• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my posts with links in them being moderated

LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is ridiculous. I make a post and it has one Link in it, even a link to an Adobe website, and I always get "This post is being moderated". What the F is the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here I thought I was the only one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Moved from Lightroom forum to Forum Comments for further feedback from Forum Moderators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe rents the forum software from Jive... including the anti-spam module

Even Adobe staff do not have specific information from Jive as to why any individual message goes to moderation

Between Staff and Moderators there is someone online most of the  time, so messages usually don't have to wait very long

Sorry, but I can't be any more specific than that, because I simply don't know why any message is caught

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John but this is just Bogus. Adobe has full control over the forum software. I seriously doubt the members listed as STAFF get this in moderation notice when they post a link in a thread. So whoever runs the forum has some control to Exclude certain members from being moderated, along with the moderators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will repeat... the forum software belongs to Jive, not Adobe... so Adobe does NOT have "full control"

It took several months for Adobe to get Jive to do whatever it is that Jive did to exclude Staff and Mods from being subject to moderation... and I do not EVER see that happening for individuals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it never happened before about 2 months ago. I use to post links all the time without ever being moderated. And I'm not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And during the past few months there has been a HUGE increase in spam, the anti-spam filter has been switched from a "relaxed" setting to a "stern" setting (not the real names of the settings, but I don't work for Adobe so only my take on other messages I have read)

The only way to not have the forums FLOODED with spam (mostly from China or Korea, but also a fair amount in English) is to set the spam filter to "stern"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌This issue of moderation gets discussed in other threads from time to time.

See Question for a moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't only happen with links, a post of mine containing a file path was being moderated ..

lightroom doesn't start up on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't only happen with links, a post of mine containing a file path was being moderated ..

lightroom doesn't start up on windows 10

It now turns out that anything I post in that thread is moderated, even plain text without links or urls.

It doesn't happen when I post in other threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely ridiculous. I made a post with an image in it and it is being moderated. Some body FIX the forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderation is absolutely essential to prevent spam and inappropriate content from being posted. We have millions of users, of all ages, and thousands of messages being created every hour so it's impossible to read them all and delete spam retroactively. Only a small fraction of submissions are flagged for pre-approval, it depends on the content and context of the message, and the status of your user account. Beyond that we do not discuss how the system operates.

This is an official company website and there are legal policies which must be enforced. We're not 4chan. If you don't like the rules, nobody's forcing you to stay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What rules? There are no defined rules posted about why my posts are being moderated. Like I said I posted an image and it got moderated. It was an image of the folder options view tab in Windows 7.

Your right though I don't have to come here anymore. Thanks for confirming this fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What rules?

Legal Terms of Use | Adobe

Those rules.

Images are checked for inappropriate content by the moderators because the automatic filters cannot tell what they show. We moderate nudity, offensive topics such as racism or violence, and private information (users regularly post screenshots that contain email addresses, credit card and serial numbers, which we have to keep out of public view for the customer's protection). Unlike Behance this community has no age restriction for registrants or adult content filters, and if we approved everything we saw in the queue we'd certainly need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the screen capture I posted in the other thread.

Lets see if it get moderated in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines