• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are some forums like Golive and soon also CS, disabled?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those forums have been a great resource for many over the years.

But it looks as though this is no longer a place, for us who came from the old age, where we can discuss our matters.

Has Adobe really defined a position: Either walk with us in our new CC policy, or die? …

Wondering if there is another place where for instance Golive matters can still be discussed?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

(please leave this thread here for at least a little while before archiving it, to give it a chance to be answered!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean, something like this? GoLive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Why is "reply" disabled in the Golive forum? The only new posts are those that are moved in there by the moderators. They will sadly never get an answer.

Cheers

Claudio González wrote:

You mean, something like this? GoLive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go there I see the usual reply & translate options at the bottom right of a message

You might log OUT of your Forum account, clean your cookies, and log back IN to your forum account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith a écrit:

When I go there I see the usual reply & translate options at the bottom right of a message

You might log OUT of your Forum account, clean your cookies, and log back IN to your forum account

Really? That's interesting. I tried to connect from another computer with a different browser and an alternate identity, and still, no answer option activated.

Could it be that participating would be forbidden from some countries? This is actually the only forum where I can't post or reply. Maybe I have been banned from this community because I left it alone for too long... or because of too many typos... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? That's interesting. I tried to connect from another computer with a different browser and an alternate identity, and still, no answer option activated

You need to be logged in before anything is activated.  This is to prevent spambots from posting messages and spam links.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be logged in before anything is activated.  This is to prevent spambots from posting messages and spam links.

Good luck.

Thanks, I am logged in, otherwise I would not be able to post here.

Is there a different log from forum to forum? I thought that one log gives access to the whole site, am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoLive was discontinued in April 2008. Adobe no longer provides any support for that product and users were advised to switch to another product (e.g. Dreamweaver). The old forum space is closed for new threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many still use Golive, mainly for maintaining websites that were originally created with this great program. Of course, it might be a dead end track, since it has not been updated. For instance, I have to keep an old iMac with OS10.6.8 to run my CS2 copy. But the program still does its job pretty well.

Anyway, I understand that there is no interest here to maintain a forum just for a few nostalgics about old times.

Still, I am puzzled that some like John above are able to respond while others are not. Maybe a moderator's privilege?

And maybe someone knows of another place on the web, where participants of this forum have moved on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, I am puzzled that some like John above are able to respond while others are not. Maybe a moderator's privilege?

Correct; as a moderator John can post in read-only forums. Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that was it. I was just writing a message to confirm that I cannot open a new discussion or reply to an existing message in that forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines