• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are we all diddling around in here?

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More and more, of late, i'm beginning to see the futility of posting here. Initially, from some members, there was sarcasm... later it became absurdity... none of which detracts from the simple fact that these Jive ACE forums (fora) are a bunch of excreta. (One can't even do a simple cut and paste in the message box without getting into gymnastics.)

It's also quite clear that nothing is going to change or improve – very much – for the better. John C made it quite clear in his progress report when he spoke about fiddling with minor issues.

To wit:

1/ NNTP is gone. With it, i suspect, the backbone of contribution to the Adobe forums

2/ The points system is here to stay. Live with it, ignore it, lust after it, die by it... whatever... It's immaterial.

3/ The Question Answered excreta is here to stay. (For comments, please see latter half of 2/ above.)

4/ There will be no 'memory' of last visited posts in a thread. Your option will be simple and comprise of two:
     a/ Start from the beginning and go down... or
     b/ start from the last and go up.

5/ Moderators and hosts are freaking out and getting far more intrusive. Live with it.

6/ Whatever else someone may wish to add...

In short, i shall now try and use these fora (forums) as a resource – a selfish one albeit – rather than a kind of home... a place to cruise thru and pick up knowledge and information, while contributing what little i have to offer in return.

Cheers,

JJ

PS: For those of you hoping to see the last of me... hope in vain! I'll be around... occasionally...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People diddle here because hyped conflict breeds interest.  That's how most forms of media seek/gain an audience these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted my first message - a question about an internal detail of the SWF format - and came here to complain about the rich text editor, which caused the first two paragraphs of my post to be deleted. This happened because it has no paste function, so I clicked HTML, and went back to rich text to check it looked alright. In the process, the br tags I'd put between paragraphs had been replaced with combined p and body tags. It still looked OK, though, so I pressed post. After posting most of the message was missing, and there was no way to edit it, so I posted again, as a reply. This time it had no paragraph gaps.

Still, so long as other people recognise that the editor sucks, I guess that's alright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey... underscorefelix,

You're diddling now... what you probably need to do is start fiddling... a bit like Nero did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...came here to complain about the rich text editor, which caused the
first two paragraphs of my post to be deleted. This happened because it
has no paste function...

You can't use your mouse to paste, but you can still use the standard keyboard short cut, [Ctrl] + v (Windows).

Other standard shortcuts work too, such as those I'm used to for bold, italic, and underline.

[Ctrl] + s sends (posts) the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can't use your mouse to paste, but you"

You can use the mouse to paste if you rub the glue stick on the underside and then rub the mouse onto the Bainbridge mounting stock and also on the back of the photographs to give a permanent contact cement bond. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ouch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines