Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did my number of posts get reset?

Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few hundred posts since 2006.  Suddenly a couple days ago the number was reset to 0.  I didn't create a new account.  Did set "remember me" at signin.

Not sure its a big deal but.....

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you located any of your old posts?  If so, does your username on those posts have a suffix?

The Admins will be very interested in the circumstances of this if so, because this is an old problem that was hoped to be resolved in the new forum software release. 

If not, perhaps you used a different Adobe ID to log in?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom,

Is your Adobe I.D. exactly the same, as before?

Check it out, character by character. It's been too common for one to end up with similar Adobe I.D.'s, a doppelganger, if you wish, and the new I.D. starts the post count over again.

Good luck, and Adobe-Admin can probably tell you, if you have multiple Adobe I.D.'s.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ID changed from TCarp to TDCarp.  I made no profile changes nor set up a new ID.  The only thing I did was select "remember me" when I signed in a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That change is what did it. One I.D. has X posts, and the other has Y posts.

Adobe-Admin can help you get things sorted out.

Now, let's hope that your doppleganger doesn't run up huge credit card bills...

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it hard to imagine that the forum software automatically created another ID for you that's just missing a middle initial.

You SURE you didn't set up two different Adobe IDs with two different eMail addresses?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Historically, when a "phantom account" is generated, it contains a random string of characters at the end - but who knows?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

I find it hard to imagine that the forum software automatically created another ID for you that's just missing a middle initial.

-Noel

Actually it looks like it "added" their middle initial. Which would be pretty amazing in itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, ~graffiti, I got that backwards.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either way, still amazing, as most often, one gets random character strings AFTER their regular I.D.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although its possible sometime in ancient history that I set up two "accounts", that would have occured a very long time ago.  I've been logging on to read and post for 5 years according to the posting history noted on the account I have been using all along.

The only event that I can see that could have made the change was checking "remember me" which would have occurred right about the time the new account started showing up.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom,

On Monday, Adobe-Admin will probably stop by this thread, and help fix things for you. He may have a question, or two, but it should be a simple, and painless task.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, your original ID still exists: http://forums.adobe.com/people/TCarp

Try to log out, then log in again with the original account name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the password for the original id (TCarp) so indicated I forgot my password.  No email was received.  Even the password hint provided didn't ring a bell.

Since I've logged on the same way for a very long time, something changed and TCarp doesn't look like it is my account (per lack of email password reset) even though that was the id displayed on all my previous posts.

Seems like a mess.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you just posted from TCarp, so something must have worked!

(Both accounts are registered to the same email -- not sure how that happened. I'm sure Adobe Admin will work it out when he checks in...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Kenny Rodgers would say: I suppose he will "Just check in to see what condition, his condition is in".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the records, TDCarp account was created on 22nd September 2011 while TCarp was created on 7th July 2006.  Generally, it is strictly not possible was the two account to share the same e-mail so clearly if this is what you are suggesting then clearly the system has failed in its unique KEY for the e-mail address.

This requires an investigation at the highest level .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of folk trying to help.  Another summary might be useful.

I started posting in 2006.  This implies the TCarp was the "ID" I was using.  However, I log on to TDCarp when I sign in (as I have for as long as I can remember).

I can't explain why, during that history, the ID shown next to each post was TCarp.

One test I ran after this new situation started was to attempt to log onto TCarp.  It wouldn't take the password I have used all along so I selected that I forgot my password.  Having never received the email notice from the forum to have me reset the password, I'm assuming the email address associated with TCarp is either not mine or an old email address of mine that doesn't work.  The hint (shown when I said I had forgotten) made no sense to me so there may be a TCarp ID that is not mine.

I don't understand how TDCarp was "created on 22 Sep 2011.  All I did was click remember me.  Remember, I've always logged with the TDCarp ID.

It's all a mystery to me.  Hopefully someone from account mgmt can figure out what happened.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, JC or someone from his team should see this thread soon and fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are now logged in as TCarp with 346 posts, so obviously your login worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines