Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why has my simple question been banned?

Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the word 'banned'  as I joined this Forum to specifically ask a simple question (as I could find no answer to it after a great deal of effort searching 'the web'),and I have tried posting it several times but it  is  not  allowed to be posted.

Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Thank you Maria for answering my simple question.

I also want to thank Szalam and John T Smith  for having the courtesy to reply.

I initially tried posting on the top row 5th from left 'Flash Player' (last in row is 'Acrobat') and I tried the 'Installing Flash Player'  -  Installing Flash Player - John T Smith made me aware of.

Exactly where the approaching 10  'Does selecting automatically update mean McAfee Security Scan Plus utility and True Key by Intel Security are installed'  went/have gone 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to post your question? Are you seeing some sort of error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Messages from all new forum members go into a Moderation space so a Moderator may review the message

If a Moderator decides the message should not be allowed, it is rejected

Reply to this message thread with what you tried to post before, so everyone may see what you are asking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith,  as requested

"Does selecting automatically update mean McAfee Security Scan Plus utility and True Key by Intel Security are installed ?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read messages in the past saying that Adobe has bundled other programs with some Adobe programs

Is this a question about Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith, I  tried numerous times to post that question in the 'Flash Player' Forum, as that seemed the relevant Forum to post such a question.

When you update your flash player - see Adobe - Adobe Flash Player Download  -  you get an 'Optional Offer'  in Step1 of 3.

This is not a complicated question, and maybe I am wrongly assuming that you would recognise this user interface or indeed have even used /updated the Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

complicators  wrote

I  tried numerous times to post that question

What happened when you posted it?

complicators  wrote

This is not a complicated question, and maybe I am wrongly assuming that you would recognise this user interface or indeed have even used /updated the Flash Player.

I don't know about John, but I haven't messed with Flash player in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam, I  was  not deliberately ignoring you.

When I tried to post it the posting interface, similar to the 'box'  into which I am writing this response to you,  it  remained: at the top of the page*, probably after I thought 'nothing has happened' so I pressed the 'reply' or whatever , and at the top of the page*, above the posting box it said something like 'you cannot change (edit?) this box (post?).

I do not expect anyone to know everything, as I certainly do not,  which was why I tried to post in the Flash Player Forum  thinking they would be users of the flash player.

Where it went  ( my question)  and if it went , I have no idea.

Why it seemed banned to me, is the reason I posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These forums will glitch sometimes. You might try posting it again. Your forum profile doesn't show you having any activity outside of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam,

will do, right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adode flash ban.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show screenshots of how you got to this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam,

I do not mean to be offensive, but are you being deliberately obtuse?

I would like to make a suggestion that the 'facepalm' emoticon is included in the 'Reply' GUI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, what steps did you take to get to that point? There have been some UI/UX issues with the forums, so I was hoping to see what options you clicked in order to get to that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Forum Installing Flash Player I see "Start a discussion" on the right

When I click that, a new screen appears with a place for a discussion title, and below that the actual discussion

I presume that is what you are doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi complicators

I work on Flash Player. I'm not sure which forum you are attempting to post your question to (it's not included in your screenshot), and I've not heard of the forums, at least not the two Flash Player forums (Installing Flash Player  and Using Flash Player ) blocking user's from posting.  Perhaps there's something glitchy with the forums.  I know at times, when I'm attempting to reply to a post, after composing the message and clicking 'reply, it fails with the error stating I need to be logged in, which I obviously am else I wouldn't be able to type a reply.  In these instances I either refresh the browser, or log off/on, and that seems to fix the issue.  I don't know what causes this behaviour.

In regards to your original question:

"Does selecting automatically update mean McAfee Security Scan Plus utility and True Key by Intel Security are installed ?"

No, selecting 'Allow Adobe to install updates automatically (recommended)' does NOT include any third party offers.  Third party offers are only listed on the download page, which uses an online/shim installer to bundle the various payloads a user may elect to install.  Opting into Background Updates (allow Adobe to install updates automatically) is the best way to ensure Flash Player is up-to-date on your system as the updates are generally installed within 24 hours of a release, assuming an active internet connection.  Note that on Windows 8 and above, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer and Edge and Flash Player updates for IE/Edge are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.

Please provide the name of the forum you are attempting to post to and I'll forward the information, including your screenshot, to the forums admins and ask them to investigate.

--

Maria

<edit: typo and add info I failed to include originally>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Maria for answering my simple question.

I also want to thank Szalam and John T Smith  for having the courtesy to reply.

I initially tried posting on the top row 5th from left 'Flash Player' (last in row is 'Acrobat') and I tried the 'Installing Flash Player'  -  Installing Flash Player - John T Smith made me aware of.

Exactly where the approaching 10  'Does selecting automatically update mean McAfee Security Scan Plus utility and True Key by Intel Security are installed'  went/have gone  is an ether-net mystery to me.

Woman Power excelsior.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The main flash player forum, Flash Player , doesn't really have an option to post. There is a generic "Still have questions' pod at the bottom, but this option doesn't specify a forum, which isn't very useful and I'll have it removed.  The 2 Flash Player forums for posting questions are Installing Flash Player​ and Using Flash Player​.  You should be able to post to either one of these.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Internet Explorer on Windows 10, and Microsoft has LOCKED that browser (also Edge) so users may not install/update Flash player, only Microsoft may do that with a Windows update

As far as bundled programs being added in a Flash update (versus a new install) I have no idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines