• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why I have to sign on all the time when I open the forum when I ticked the box to stay Signed in?

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I wonder why. Somehow recently I had to sign in again. Before I was automatically done with this procedure when I received a notification to a discusion and so could go straight in. Now when I receive one an click on the link I'm not signed in anymore.

But my browser behave in an unusual way too for signing in (Chrome in W7 64 bts), It takes ages to opens a new window, sometimes it says the page is not available but I get it with "reload" and sometimes passed this step I'm signed in (so see "sign out" nest to my user name. Other time this window has field for me to sign in. The box to stay signed in is alway ticked.

Thank you for any explaination and solution to get back to the previous situation that was quite satisfactory for me.

MM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

There's only one thing worst than problem. It's to believe you're the only one with it - So let's all enjoy it together. Now every time I'll go through the motion I'll spare a thought for you guys and the unknowns too.

So it's been helpful, somewhat correct and resolved with the key word "Get Use to it"!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its driving many of us nuts.

These forums are in a constant state of broke and bust and semi working...

You kind of get used to it.   NOT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussed many times in http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments where forum issues are discussed

Bottom line... get used to it... after Adobe was hacked, they (meaning Jive) made changes to the login process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dumb changes.

It asks for a sign in then does it for you.

Are they trying to irritate the hackers as much as the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's only one thing worst than problem. It's to believe you're the only one with it - So let's all enjoy it together. Now every time I'll go through the motion I'll spare a thought for you guys and the unknowns too.

So it's been helpful, somewhat correct and resolved with the key word "Get Use to it"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. It certainly is annoying.

There are many things in the world that we have to get used to, I don't really understand why this has to be one of them. But, if Adobe can't get them to fix it, I doubt our continuing complaints are going to help any.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on my part it was not a continuing complaint and I did not realised it was the inappropriate forum to do so. It's just happened recently.

Perhaps we should have a mean to redirect these complaints to Adobe's door steps!

Anyway I thought my complaint did bear fruit because today I followed my email link to another discussion. Lo and behold, I was signed in! ...However when I posted my reply I was greeted with an "internal error"! and then had to back pedal, sign in...and all was well then.

As for "to get use to it" I can't help to think of a French Humour cartoon booklet I have and on the last page there was an interesting cartoon.

On a very small  island there were 2 guys with very long hair as a testimony of their time there...One guy was using the other for his "need" and his caption was saying "Are you getting use to it" whilst the other caption has a categoric "NO!

Well that's it some do some don't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps we should have a mean to redirect these complaints to Adobe's door steps!

I believe that using the Forum Comments thread is a better way to address Adobe directly. At least, the ones who are concerned about forum issues.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm certainly no expert in the topic so I take your word for it

Perhaps what makes it worse for me - of late things take ages to load and I even get "this page is not available" but it's usually fixed with a reload!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if Adobe can't get them to fix it, I doubt our continuing complaints are going to help any.

If Adobe cannot resolve the issue, then we need to complain louder.  Jive is not the only forums software out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ moved to forum comments topic ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I feel all afresh in the appropriate forum  with my question called "answered" (and it has been) but certainly with no silver lining in the horizon and discovering a few people also rather annoyed about it and not ready to get use to this situation.

This particular "sign in" lasted close to 20 seconds with two rounds around the Adobe community sign in page to which I was only a spectator as I had nothing to do but wait and finally rewarded, landing on this page and signed in.!

I do understand some more productive people than I can't afford the leisure to complain and worry about little matters such as this and get on with their work. Just the same naively I hope I add my voice to get something many would like to see fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe is working on it, but we have no clue when it will be resolved.  There has already been a "fix" implemented this week, with no noticeable improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"no noticeable improvement"! This time I was trying to reply above...I could not even login! I had to got the sign in page and this time had actually had to sign!

And to make things more interesting, They asked me if I wanted to fill in a survey! I said yes - then they told me to leave the page and a survey would "come" when I finish my ...Browsing I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>no noticeable improvement

I don't know about today (just sat down with my morning coffee and logged in) but yesterday I was logged out every time I switched from one forum to another

That was certainly noticeable, but it was NOT an improvement

ADDED - Logging me out between forums is still happening

I have changed nothing on my computer and this does not happen on other sites I visit that require a login... this is Adobe/Jive's problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

... this is Adobe/Jive's problem

A truth bigger than a cathedral.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T.,

For me, after the new Log-in screen, I normally am good to go, after a single session log-in (Remember Me checked), BUT some days, that process does get more involved.

Luckily, once logged-in, I usually STAY logged-in, for the complete session - though there have been a few "bad days," where I do get logged-out, and usually while posting. "Sometimes, the magic works, and sometimes it does not... " [Chief Dan George in Little Big Man]

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind logging in once per day, but my workflow usually has me closing the browser - all tabs - and when I want to do something I just open the browser again. It opens all of the tabs I use regularly. From my old Yahoo home page, to the Adobe Video Lounge, to the regular Premiere Pro forums, and a variety of other pages.

The problem is that I now need to log back in every time I want to post on the forum. It is annoying to say the least. Oh, sure, I could change my workflow, but I should not have to.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my experience. I don't stay with web browser open all day. I offen shut the computer down for a while and do other things. I have to re-sign in everytime. Now if I were to close all windows having to do with SeaMonkey and FireFox  and let it it in background. Itwould maintain that signed in condittion. But I often shut computer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incompetence trumps everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

Incompetence trumps everything!

Some of us have been complaining about this since the great and chaotic move to Jive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now wondering if the "log out while browser is open" problem is a mal-formed date/time stamp in the Adobe cookie

If I keep IE open and go do something else for "awhile" (time not determined) I am "almost" guaranteed to be logged out when I return

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get th same in FF/Mac and IE/Win. Deketing cookies and clearing caches have no effect on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

I am now wondering if the "log out while browser is open" problem is a mal-formed date/time stamp in the Adobe cookie

The way I understand it, the cookie expires 4 hours after login.  But looking at my 'forum.adobe.com' cookies, there are several dozen; I don't know which does what.  A number of them have yesterday evening as their expiration date.  Just two ('JiveAdobeServer') show an expiration date of today - 4.0 hours after I logged in this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted cookies and temporary files, and even resorted to nothing short of a full preferences reset of IE11. 

Something in that has also managed to correct my "quoted" text problem (where " characters turned into the string " when posting).

My exuberance is somewhat tempered, however, by the forum editor having lost half of my first sentence while typing the second one.  God only knows what will show up when I hit [ Post ].

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines